Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1997 OBS
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO my car was set up for rally wen i got it, the interior stripped. No big deal. When i went to install my radio the next day and i put the radio fuse under the hood, i had a short from one of the door open switch wires. i cut and taped the wire. no issue for 4 months. I was driving home lat nite, and apparently hit a bump and the tape came off, shorting out on the frame, and the goddam chinese fuse didnt blow, melting the whole wire and almost making me crach cause of smoke.... anyways.... i COMPLETELY removed the wire today, so that wont happen again, BUT now for a odd reason, none of my corner lights shut off. the lights on the 1st on position on the light switch. Doesnt matter if my key is on or off or if my switch is on or off... IDK!!!! the ONLY way to get them off is to pop the hood and remove the 20a fuse , secont to top on the right side of the fuse box... does ANYONE have ANY thoughts? i cant keep removing the fuse when im done driving... thanks!

·
Registered
1997 OBS
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OHH almost forgot important info... my car is a 1995 2 door L

If i cant figure it out ina few hours, ill have to wire in a toggle switch, that i can turn offwen not driving...

Its the yellow fuse on the top right. can u figure out which fuse didnt blow?>

·
Registered
1997 OBS
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
holy crap im retsarted!!!! in my quest to trace that wire i hit the switch, you were right! thanks! i was just about to install a toggle switch, so thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.