Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Family 4door
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the wiring portion for the ver3/4 intercooler spray bottle?

The wiring manuals I have don't show the portion on the spraybottle, just on the ECU side (B137-16 and B135-13). Initially, since the pump on the oem RA bottle looks the same as the wiper bottle, I was just going to rig up the switch to go directly to the pump. But now I'm curious as to why there is a signal wire going to the ECU for the intercooler spray setup. I realze at the bottom of the bottle, theres a sensor for how low the container gets with fluid...but I figure this would go straight to the cluter. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2005 Acura NSX
1,056 Posts
It could be for auto spray. For example, when your car hits over 6000rpm the ECU turns on the I/C sprayer by itself. Which is why you sometimes see the "I/C AUTO" button.

If you want to see one way to hook up the system look on page 8 here:

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65042&page=8

That bottle doesn't have low fluid warning light but that's pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
Family 4door
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply & link. If I can't source the wiring for the spray setup, I will definetly use your post. Seems very simple and straight forward.

·
Registered
Family 4door
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you!!! This helps clarify everything. I like the Auto Switch on the diagram, but not sure if I'd be able to source the Timer. Might just have to run the oem Manual switch instead.

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L
321 Posts
Is wiring the manual switch the same or is it different?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts