Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Baller
94 WRX, '11 R6 race bike
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to wire in my sunroof to make it work. I have a 2006 wrx wiring harness in my car, and it didn't come with a sunroof, so there is no direct wire to connect the existing rs sunroof wire to. I got the map light and the room light working fine, but i can't figure out a good location to wire the sunroof to. I imagine it would need to be some sort of constant power source or something, but then again i am not sure. what do i do to make that work?

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Blue
436 Posts
Do you have the parts associated with a the sunroof? The motor, control module, switch, and relay? And then if you still have your RS harness you should be able cut out the harness between those parts and just give it a power source.

·
Premium Baller
94 WRX, '11 R6 race bike
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i have all that, im just not sure what i should tap into for that power source, something with a constant flow that isnt something major, and fairly easy to get to

·
Wiring Guru
01 RS, 97 Ducati
357 Posts
On the power window relay tap into the Green/Black wire that sends power to the windows. The motor circuit should then grounds to the chasis. This will run to Pin 1 on the plug that runs up the A pillar on the passenger side. On that plug the wire changes to Black/Yellow.

Z

1 - 4 of 4 Posts