Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
is there anyone in NYC that can wire this up for me please!

2000 subaru impreza 2.5 rs

Basically, swapped my car from auto to manual. Only issue i'm having now is my speedo isn't working and the car isn't running good (CEL). very herky jerky and sometimes stalls as I'm coming to a stop in netural. If there's anyone in NYC that can help me with this I'll pay you. Shop is charging $500+ for this job.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
494 Posts
What cel? What great does the computer think it's in? Did you keep the TCU or ditch it? What's the transmission from, as the Neutral Position Sensors are reversed between some models.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS+T 2001 Legacy GT
1,234 Posts
I recommend going through the electrical part of a 5 speed swap how to, should be a sticky for one. a pin on the ecu has to be grounded to put it in manual transmission mode and it may be your issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What cel? What great does the computer think it's in? Did you keep the TCU or ditch it? What's the transmission from, as the Neutral Position Sensors are reversed between some models.
thanks for the reply.

I'm getting P1722. transmission is from a 2002 wrx bugeye.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I recommend going through the electrical part of a 5 speed swap how to, should be a sticky for one. a pin on the ecu has to be grounded to put it in manual transmission mode and it may be your issue.
Not gonna lie, kind of scared to mess up.

·
Registered
07OBS
60 Posts
wiring section

is there anyone in NYC that can wire this up for me please!

2000 subaru impreza 2.5 rs

I do have a 2002 Impreza wiring section on pdf I can send it to you. I'm out in Islip. PM me your email and I will send it to you. I currently drive an 07 MT used to have an 02 also but both are very similar so if you want me to take a measurement let me know. regards

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
494 Posts
Sorry dude, totally forgot about this.
If you keep your TCU connected by only one plug, I've forgotten which, the car will idle normally and abs will work. (Should)
Inhibitor switch can be substituted with the clutch switch or bypassed altogether, but your car runs so you must've handled that.
You'll have to wire the new VSS in so the cluster, ecu, and tcu get the signal.
Like Silverton said, there's the manual identifier pin on the ecu.
Reverse switch on the trans needs to be connected, you can just splice into the old auto trans connector.
I used a relay from Autobone and ran it's control (coil) supply through the neutral position sensor. Then the switchable inputs are (a) Neutral wires from ecu and tcu, and (b) '1st gear' from the tcu. The final pin is grounded. This way, when I shift in and out of gear, the relay switches between it's inputs and grounds either N or 1.
That should about do it, might've forgotten some things, but as mentioned check the sticky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts