Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been looking through the forums the last couple nights and can not seem to find any answers, so I am hoping some one can help.

I got a jdm rhd GF8F5ED front clip and have swapped over almost everything into my impreza wagon. Basically everything is done mechanically but i am confused on some wiring bits. Ill list the issues with pictures in order. If anyone has any guidance it would be MUCH APPRECIATED. Also looking for 99 RHD V5 STI WIRING DIAGRAM (that would make everything a lot easier)

#1: This two prong connector coming from my steering column. Whats it purpose and where do the wires tie in? The black and red wire are connected to the steering column. the blue and black wires i got from a chassis in picknpull. It seems like they should tie into the engine harness under dash but where and to what wires?

#2 From the engine harness There are 4 wires that are snipped. I suspect some of these wires will connect to the 2 prong plug listed above. any guidance on where these wires tie in? The colors are: white with red stripe, blue with orange stripe, green with black stripe, and solid black (probably ground??)

#3 This plug comes from engine harness and is in the same loom as all the steering column connections. There is only one red wire going into the clip but three coming from the clip? Where do these wires go? do they tie into the steering column? on my 98 lhd harness i found the same plug with three wires coming from the harness, but i am unsure if it was ever plugged in because I cannot find that connection coming from my steering column.

These are the issues that are stumping me at the moment. I am also in the middle of connecting the 99 rhd v5 engine harness to the lhd impreza outback sport rear harness. I have found a few wiring diagrams but am unsure if they are correct for either chassis because they do not specify lhd or rhd along with the year and model of the impreza. Is the impreza outback sport rear wiring harness different from the basic impreza rear wiring harness. In reality I really need to find the wiring diagram for the 99 v5 RHD JDM STI engine harness. ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more thing. These wires are coming out above the underdash fuse box. Does anyone know what they are for and what they tie into? ive posted photos to show where they are coming out of and where they might go. Colors are: Dark blue, Solid Yellow, Turquoise, Yellow with Red Stripe, Black with White Stripe.

This is the plug they are connected to above fuse box:
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

1 - 2 of 2 Posts