Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 WRX Wagon
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if you need to merge the full wiring harness or just the engine harness for an '01 2.5RS --> '04 WRX swap. I was thinking about buying a pre-merged wiring harness and just wanted to know if I need the whole thing or just the engine section.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS
1,744 Posts
You need the bulkhead harness merged. The engine harness is just the 04 WRX stuff. The bulkhead harness basically joins anything engine related to the rest of the car.

·
Registered
2002 WRX Wagon
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if I bought full pre-merged wiring harness from front to back I will end up using all of it or just sections? I'm kinda confused.

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS
1,744 Posts
If you bought a pre merged harness it would most likely be just the bulkhead harness and maybe some additional wires for things like the fuel pump controller.

·
Registered
2001 RS 2.5
640 Posts
how many other wires merge from the engine to the bulkhead harness? I can't see many wires off the top of my head.

I mean with my engine harness disconnected everything else still works... At least when I disconnected it when I did my trans swap.

Please fill me in guys.

Thanks

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS
1,744 Posts
how many other wires merge from the engine to the bulkhead harness? I can't see many wires off the top of my head.

I mean with my engine harness disconnected everything else still works... At least when I disconnected it when I did my trans swap.

Please fill me in guys.

Thanks

That seems right. I'm no expert, but from what I have been through it seems that that is correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts