Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2.5RS Rally Car
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking about how I want to wire the switch for the Hella 500s I just got. The instructions say that I need to tap into the 12V for the High-Beams... which, if I understand it correctly, means that I can only turn them on when the high beams are on.

I want my lights to be independent from the high-beams (I don't want to use my high beams if it's foggy out for example).

So what I want to do instead is tap into the blue/white 12V wire going to the factory fog light switch (http://scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485 -- #1 wire in this thread). If I'm understanding correctly, this will make the Hellas functional with the headlights on (hi or low beam).

Will this work?

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
Yes, that will work, but you will still need to have your parking lights on for the fogs to be able to turn on. But the fogs will stay on whether or not your lows or highs are on.

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
/\ which has the added advantage of automatically turning them off when you turn your car off, so you dont leave them on accidentaly. That's how I had my 500's wired up in all my previous cars, except I actually ran a wire to the corner light (but dont ask me why).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts