Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a stock 2000 subaru impreza 2.5l rs sedan and i just put the engine back in. My problem is i think i wired something wrong. There is a ticking sound kinda like the sound you hear from turning your signal light on but at a lower pitch coming from the dash i think. The orange lights on the front, the tail lights, dashboard, and shifter position lights (P, N, R, D, D3,) all blink in sync with this clicking sound while the key is out. Also the driver side ceiling light by the rear view mirror is not working, not sure if its part of the problem or just a coincidence. While the car is started the whole car behaves like normal with no weird blinking or problems aside from the ticking sound and driver side ceiling light not working. Just in case its a near dead battery i will take the battery in and have the store test the voltage tomorrow. There are no maintenance, or check engine lights being displayed on the dash.

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,172 Posts
What did you rewire?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just unhooked whatever was connected to my engine so i could pull the thing out. I googled the symptoms and some people say that it could be something with my stock alarm/remote or a near death/bad battery. So ill check that stuff tomorrow after i test the battery.

·
Registered
1999 Impreza L
567 Posts
its the keyless/security system iirc. turn key to on position, theres a button that you press near the obd2 port.

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,172 Posts
Do your door locks work?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts