Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last winter I had a huge bunch of heavy snow slide down from the roof of my Outback wagon.. when the wipers were on and they were on the up-stroke, well it ended up stripping the splines on the wiper arm and the linkage.. I was wondering how hard is it to change it? It drives me nuts because despite the nut being tight it will still move around a bit at speed.

·
Registered
2003 2.5RS
60 Posts
Last winter I had a huge bunch of heavy snow slide down from the roof of my Outback wagon.. when the wipers were on and they were on the up-stroke, well it ended up stripping the splines on the wiper arm and the linkage.. I was wondering how hard is it to change it? It drives me nuts because despite the nut being tight it will still move around a bit at speed.
No it's not too terribly difficult, depending upon your mechanic level of course. Go to your local parts store and they should be able to show you a pin out and how it is removed/installed (O'Reilly, Autozone, etc.).

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS/C BRP
2,321 Posts
From what I understand the trim under the wiper arms can be removed?
Yes, there's a bunch of clips that attach it to the metal cowl underneath along the front rubber seal, and then three at the back just below the windshield. They're likely to break when you remove them though. You can buy them all from the dealer for not much money.

http://opposedforces.com/parts/impreza/us_g10/type_64/body_equipment_exterior/cowl_panel/

The part #s there are right but incomplete. The dealer can get the rest of the #s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts