Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that possible? I can physically move my window without touching the button...and if I try to roll it up that motor just SNAPS...real loud like its skipping a gear or something. If I pull my door panel off will it just be putting the window back in place?

·
Registered
12 Posts
What happend? Did you close the door by pushing on the glass instead of the door itself? I hate it when ppl do that. It always worreis me that the window would get off track like that. :noes:

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know...I dont usually keep track of that stuff...

·
Premium Member
95 L, 96 OUTBACK
2,883 Posts
Hmm... Does the front go up very slowly then it starts clicking? Mine did that but they are manual windows. I replaced the entire works. It was only $88 but that was for a manual window might be more for power windows.

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
this weekend ill pull my door panel apart and see whats going on...hopefully i can just get it back on track...

EDIT - i just realized...its the 13th...im not premium anymore :(

·
Registered
2015 WRX
2,350 Posts
I have crank windows and a couple bolts that hold part of the window frame in were somehow missing, so it wouldn't shut all the way. I took the door apart and figured out what the problem was eventually. The window would come off the track and make that same loud noise you described if you tried to roll it up. Sounds like one of the tracks or guides is messed up. I could pull my window up w/o the crank but it wouldn't sit correctly. Should be a similar setup with yours but a motor instead of a crank. Good luck.

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Suby25 said:
I have crank windows and a couple bolts that hold part of the window frame in were somehow missing, so it wouldn't shut all the way. I took the door apart and figured out what the problem was eventually. The window would come off the track and make that same loud noise you described if you tried to roll it up. Sounds like one of the tracks or guides is messed up. I could pull my window up w/o the crank but it wouldn't sit correctly. Should be a similar setup with yours but a motor instead of a crank. Good luck.

yeah thats sounds about right...ill check it out this weekend...

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
I have the same exact problem with my power windows! They go up/down ok but about 1" from the top it just makes a BANG BANG sound like a machine gun and won't go up anymore. It sucks cause we've been getting a lot of rain in the SE lately and I have to pull it up to sit flush.

·
Registered
2015 WRX
2,350 Posts
Does yours go up evenly? The rear part of my glass would sit much higher so there was a sizeable gap in the front. One of the supports which kept the window level came unbolted somehow... very quick fix, but it took a minute to figure out the problem.

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats exactly it...the rear sits higher...so the window is crooked and it bangs like a shotgun...

·
Registered
White 2000 Impreza OBS
78 Posts
^this is what WAS happening to me until one day it made a loud bang and stopped working entirely. The front of the window is all the way up and the back of the window is down about 1.5".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts