Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has probably already been mentioned somewhere. But, will a USDM 2002 WRX intercooler fit my MY01 RS, not only mounting to the throttle body, but will it clear the hood when closed? What should I expect to pay for one slightly used? Would I be better going with aftermarket?, and at what cost?

What about a JDM STI intercooler from a MY00?, will it fit?

Thanks everyone,

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Yes the USDM WRX I/C will fit... it needs a little massaging but it fits. As for STi, most likely, especially if its off a GC8. The GD STi I/Cs will probably require the same massaging.

edit: I've seen WRX OE complete with BOV for $125-$250

·
Registered
852 Posts
MY 1997 and PRIOR WRX (Euro and Jap Spec) Intercoolers will fit. They are usually black in color. As well, like Boy said, the 2002 US Spec units will fall into place with a little work.

Graham

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you.

Define a little work. I am not afriad of trimming this, or even welding different bracketry to it. Forced induction is not a new concept to me, but I have never worked or fabbed one together.

Do you have a source on the low end, $125 complete and in like new condition?

Thanks again

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
The $125 was a hook up that I got from a WRX tuner. Call around, drop PMs and emails to the various shops that are doing WRX upgrades and see what they have laying around in their "junk" heaps (usually cheaper than a private seller).

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
I got my Stock WRX turbo and intercooler for about $280 the stock WRX intercooler should work on the GC8 I've yet to install it since I am collecting parts still.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FRAKK's2.5,

Can you set me up with that deal, or at least just the intercooler?

Let me know, and thanks,

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
rallynut said:
FRAKK's2.5,

Can you set me up with that deal, or at least just the intercooler?

Let me know, and thanks,
Oh dude I wish I could. I got it from my buddy who just upgraded his turbo and intercooler. If it helps, you might want to ask any WRX owners that you may know to hook you with their stock turbo parts you might get a deal who knows.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FRAKK's2.5,

Thanks, I will give it a try. But as you said, a buddy gave you the deal. Buddy deals go along way when it comes to the $ value of even used parts.

Its worth a shot, thanks again,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts