Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 99 2.5 RS and I was looking into gettins some Falken Azenis for next year's auto cross season. Looking into them, there's a stock size 205, and a slightly larger 225. I know I've heard people say they were running 225's, but I wasn't sure if that was with any extra equipment or work done, or if they just fit. Also, anybody know if that extra 20 mm makes enough of a difference to justify the $20/tire price difference? Thanks for the help.

Dave

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
well, not all 225s are the same width. i don't know exactly how wide a 225 azenia is. also, you're running stock struts/springs, right dave? there has been lots of talk about whether a 225 will fit, and basically i think the concensus is that you can make them, but you'll often have to roll the fender, remove the inner lining, and sometimes run spacers, esp in the rear. next auto-x, dan is going to let me mount up his 225 V700s so i can see if they'll fit, so i can determine what size for next year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's cool, I'd like to see an Impreza with 225's. In any event, I misspoke and actually the largest 16's are 215's. Those should fit, shouldn't they? And no, I have a 2 inch H and R drop kit, so I'm not on stock springs. The shocks and struts are though. I'll thanks for the reply, and I'll see you on the 6th.

Dave

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
I'm running Falken Azenis 225/45/17's on Rota Tarmacs with a 48mm offset. I had to hammer the rear fender lips flat to avoid rubbing. However, I am also lowered like 2-3" which has a lot to do with it.

Otherwise they fit fine. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Some pretty fast divisional and national caliber Subaru's are running the 215/45/16 Azenis on stock wheels. That's the setup I plan on going to next year.

Currently I run the 205/55/16 and I feel they just have a little too much sidewall and are a little too tall. Of course, I haven't run into the dreaded 2 to 3 to 2 Subaru shift yet with them, but hopefully the 215's won't be that much shorter.

Brian

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys, I appreciate it. I'm shocked and ecstatic to here that you can run 215 azenis on stock wheels, so that's what I plan to do, unless I can get my hands on some cheap ass wheels that are relatively light. Either way, 215 Azenis sound great to me.

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts