Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Damn, that is a VERY good price!

I know you said you listed it in Autotrader, but did you list it in the paper version, or just online? If just online, I'd strongly recommend you get the paper version, have the photographer come take the pic, and list it in the paper version (which also puts it online.)

However, when I tried to sell my Jimmy a while ago, it took SIX months! I think the market sucks. Personally, if I (1) had the money and (2) it was an automatic, I'd buy it!

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
The high miles might be a factor...looks like you have done a lot of work to it.
You never seem to get that back out of the car in the end..unfortunately....

Good luck in the Autotrader.

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Rallychic said:
You never seem to get that back out of the car in the end..unfortunately....
Yes this I know. that is why the price is where it is.

I bought the car with 113k miles on it from Colorado for $6800
New oil pump & timing belt & misc gaskets $200 +
WRX seats & fabric ran near $450.
2001 RS suspension (freebie)
Whiteline strutbars $200
Whiteline swaybar links $100
OEM rear 18mm sway bar (new) $80
MRT rear control Arms $200
Legacy turbo rear brake assemblies with hubs & new wheel bearings & new rotors $500
WRX front rotors, calipers & brackets $250
Cobb SS brake lines $110
RS wheels & Blizzaks (freebie)
2.5" Midpipe $90
WRX muffler (freebie)
Real Leather shift boot w/ silver stiching $55
Short shift lever $100
Shifter bushing $35
STi tranny mount $60
Primitive Clutch & Flywheel $650
Alarm $200
Stereo (Don't even want to say how much that ran)

I'm asking well below what is into it ($9880 total). It's a fair price. :( I've never totaled it all up before... yikes... that hurts :(
Glad I did a lot of bargin shopping and got some deals along they way of I'd be up to about $11k for what I see people pay for clutches & flywheels & wheels/tires and what not.

As far as autotrader I hate them! I listed my car as an Impreza.. even when I got to edit my info it still says Impreza, but it only comes up under outback in the search. I've sent e-mails, filled out survey's... I'm calling them tomorrow to bitch... I'm not even hitting my target market.

Whew..... I feel better now to have vented some

Somebody help me out. I'm going to offer $100 or a free brand new lightweight (not underdriven) crank pulley if you can direct a buyer to me (and they purchase it).

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
Hmm..now I wish I knew someone to buy it!!

You might try www.bensrallypage.com as he lists rally and street cars on his site. He gets lots of traffic from all over, so it might be worth a shot...

Just a thought. Good luck.

Tina

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
omahasubaru said:
New oil pump & timing belt & misc gaskets $200 +
WRX seats & fabric ran near $450.
2001 RS suspension (freebie)
Whiteline strutbars $200
Whiteline swaybar links $100
OEM rear 18mm sway bar (new) $80
MRT rear control Arms $200
Legacy turbo rear brake assemblies with hubs & new wheel bearings & new rotors $500
WRX front rotors, calipers & brackets $250
Cobb SS brake lines $110
RS wheels & Blizzaks (freebie)
2.5" Midpipe $90
WRX muffler (freebie)
Real Leather shift boot w/ silver stiching $55
Short shift lever $100
Shifter bushing $35
STi tranny mount $60
Primitive Clutch & Flywheel $650
Alarm $200
Stereo (Don't even want to say how much that ran)
Man I wish I needed another car. Someone could drop a new motor in this thing and still be ahead cash.

·
at apex, on throttle
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tall J said:
Man I wish I needed another car. Someone could drop a new motor in this thing and still be ahead cash.
I'll through in a nice engine with extras for only $2,500 more and you'll be set!

EJ22T engine complete with everything crossmemeber, ehxaust mainfold, uppipe, ECU wiring harness, MAF airbox and all intake tubing. Engine only has 70k miles on it. I've also got a TD04 wrx turbo with only 6k miles on it, a WRX Down Pipe, WRX intercooler, & GFB BOV. It's the package deal of a lifetime.

Car for $7,500 engine and everything you'll need to get it running $2,500 for $10k you've got a turbo OBS with all the fixin's. All left would be to update the exterior if you wanted to.

Heck I've got door panel fabric I was going to use to recover the doors with custom embrodery, but I was going to hold onto that. I'd give it away with the car if someone would buy it.

I had one guy who wanted everything, but I haven't heard anything back from him. I'm going to call him tonight.. but I'm making the prices more than fair, yet no one is buying right now.

Thanks - Jon

·
at apex, on throttle
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well.... :)

I'm not getting my hopes up, but my buddy Mike might be buying my car. He recently totalled his 4 runner and since his move to CO with his 2002 RS that he totaled, I know he's itchin' to get back into subaru's. So hopefully I can make this deal work out.

It was the whole part about my loan being assumable that reeled him in... oh and talking for about 2-4 hours last night about what I've done, what can be done and showing what he can do with it for looks.

The owner of this board (RS25) knows who I'm talking about ;)

Anyway I think the test drive was the bonus, he was surprised with how peppy this little 2.2L N/A was.

I know he wants to buy the engine too, but just can't do it right now.

I hope he buys it, I'm offering him a special deal as I know times are rough and he's got to get rid of the temporary transportation.... Ford Tarus:(

Again, no need to get excited.. but hopefully something good will come of thise :D

·
at apex, on throttle
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
10th Warrior said:
i'm crossing some fingers for ya, man! perhaps we should start taking bets on what you show up to 100AW in :)
Go for it... I'll split the winnings with the winner.

Thanks - Jon

·
at apex, on throttle
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure what I'll be driving down to Salem... but it won't be the OBS!

Took a deposit and signed a purchase agreement last night!

I will say this. It won't be that RS-T from texas (passing on it) and it likely won't be my new car (probablly won't have it by then) so probablly one of my friend's RS or Forester.

·
at apex, on throttle
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The goal??

To find a use 2002-03 Impreza WRX Wagon 5 speed in Aspen White.

That is what I want. I have some leads, but still don't have the cash for my car, just the deposit. The buyer has to sell his high mileage Ford Taraus first.

Thanks - Jon

·
Registered
67 Posts
hey man, like the car!! I just bought my '97 OBS last month and you have the same ideas put into it that I want to get on mine, question though, where did you get your free-bee wheels? Mine came with some alright looking 15 inch wheels, but the guy I got it from put on the wrong Offset and now my rear tires are rubbing(sucky) and I want to get some Prodrive P7 but don't have the cash right now so I've been looking into used 2.5rs or WRX wheels and found some on Ebay for between 200 and 250. Plus I like how the subaru wheels make it look almost stock, but if you know where I can get some Cheap (or even better, free!!!) 2.5RS wheels let me know. Thanks! Hey, also I enjoyed reading about your car, it makes me excited to see what mine is going to be like!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts