Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering why all the hoopla to turbo/supercharge your cars? As it is you can race the RS in the STS class as stock in auto-x. Once you turbo it you'll be in the modified division where the poor thing is going to get spanked by people that put in $10,000 plus in there car. Same goes for drag racing....

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
most people don't build their car with a specific class or form of racing in mind. they just do what they want to in order to enjoy driving the car on the street. that being said, there are people who spend the kind of money you're talking about on Stock class cars as well. Hoosiers and custom valved Konis don't come cheap ;)

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
In Houston, we have STU, anything goes (well not anything, but motor swaps and FI are in)...:devil: :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DanzBorin said:
In Houston, we have STU, anything goes (well not anything, but motor swaps and FI are in)...:devil: :D

Can a rs-t compete well in that class? Or would a supecharged Integra type-R blow it away?

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
block911 said:
Can a rs-t compete well in that class? Or would a supecharged Integra type-R blow it away?
With a front LSD, the turbo RS would most likely win...

RSs w/ LSDs kick arse...;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
yeah I'm not really worried about my class. I just want some jucie for the highway. If I was worried about my class. I wouldn't have bought cams

1 - 6 of 6 Posts