Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1995 AWD Brilliant Red Subaru
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I just felt that i needed to justify to myself why i want a 2001 rs. First, You have to know alittle about me. I love being different. A subaru impreza is pretty different from where i am from. All my friends and people i talk to like honda's and shit. I just look at them and try not to laugh. My one freind tho wants a 92-93 volkswagen corrado. Nice car. back on subject, I love being different. Different is good for me. I like being different. I also like being better while being different. The Impreza is a great car. It performs well and is fun to drive. It is rally proven and looks so damn good. Moding this car would make a nice street machine to eat honda's with. HAha. O, i forgot, the impreza also has awd. So, with this combination, i am very happy. Did i mention not many ppl know what a subaru impreza is. So, all in all, i love being different , the subaru is different. I also like to be better than average. The impreza is better that average. I also like looking good. The impreza looks very very good. This is why i want an impreza, not cause its the in thing. Not cause its the best. I want want cause its different. It just so happens that its good looking and has a bunch of goodies in it too. Thanks to who ever reeads this drible i wrote.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
A lot of those where the same reasons I got my Subaru. I wanted something different, reliable, and fun to drive. And the AWD is a godsend here in the Pacific NW, where my performance in barely degraded in the rain, while everyone else has no idea how to drive in it. Luckily, I can get out of thier way easily!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I hear you!:biggest:

I too bought my car for the same reason. I bought my car shortly after the WRX was introduced here. This car really started to spark my interest when I started watching WRC on speedvision, then It took a while doing research and finding out what I really wanted.

I'm glad the WRX was introduced here, to keep the breed alive and make money for Subaru (FHI really) but I would not trade for a GDA WRX nor do I have any desire to own one (but I do respect the performance, and appreciate that it is the only Japanese turbo car available in the US). I do look foreward to the next redisign and may consider one then.

When people ask me if it's a WRX I say "no, the WRX was not available here in a coupe, and this has a bigger engine!"

Was the 22B ever made with left hand drive?:D

This is much better, and much more fun than the prelude I had before it. I had a Honda, but it didn't live up to the hype, but IMHO this car does!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wilddave1, I know what ur saying. I am glad subaru has brought the wrx here. Without it, as u said, subaru might not have been around the us for very long. The WRX makes the old style look so much cooler.LOL.

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,262 Posts
xtorted-legacy

are you going to get your Impreza before me? As we are about the same age. hehee

I want the Impreza because AWD, lower center gravity,............

this was my choice:

Skyline GT-R
Lancer EVO
Impreza WRX STi

i chose Impreza and here in the US there is an Impreza L, 2.5 RS (LSi, LS..etc.). Plus 2.5L is king!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I am 16 and i been workin for the past 2 summers at this marina on the deleware river. There is an older guy there who is one of the regulars and is into motorcycles and hot rods and stuff. he is very knowledgable man. One of his famous says is, "there is no replacement for displacement". Thats why the 2.5L is superior to the 2.0L. It has more torque so its not a pussy before the boost kicks in. I want a 2001, and hopefully soon some of them will be ccoming off the 3 year lieses(spelling?) and will have good mileage and be in good condition. I am gonna say it again. I live in New jersey, 5 min's away from philly. If anyone has a 2000/2001 2.5 impreza in PRB or silverhorn metalic, please, email me at [email protected]. Off topic kinda, but its a shame i know more about engines and forced induction the some of these guys with 70-80,000 dollar performance boats. I restrain myself from laughing when i ask a guy with 2 centrifical s/c's how much boost they running/is your intercooler air/air or air/water and he doesn't know.LOL. its even funnier when they boats are running on our marina's 87 octane pump fuel. LOL.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru GC8 v5
255 Posts
Dude, you coulda said all that into 1 sentence. Anyways... "no replacement for displacement?" Typical redneck statement. Give him a buckwheat to chew on. Displacement won't help if the walls are weaker. Bore out a 2.0 to 2.2.

·
Ntseg Muag!
SRP MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
518 Posts
that's one of the reason why i wanted a impreza.....i wanted to be different and stick out of the croud...i also like it cuz if it's AWD and can go through rough condition like wet road and dirt roads....also like fuji said lower center gravity.....

Hey fuji and xtorted-legacy....haha i'm 16 too... let's see who's gonna get a impreza first.....i might be gettin mine next year ....

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry about my other post, kinda wordy but o well. Anyways, I only need about $10,500 more dollars or so. O well, it'll be worth the wait.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts