Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The WRX is the second most expensive car to insure, only under an escalade :run:
10 Most-Expensive Cars to Insure

The 10 vehicles that account for the highest dollar amount of losses for insurance companies (starting with the most expensive) are:

Cadillac Escalade EXT 4WD
Subaru Impreza WRX 4WD
Hyundai Tiburon
Mitsubishi Lancer
Scion tC
Acura RSX
Nissan Sentra SE-R
Suzuki Forenza
Nissan Sentra/Mitsubishi Eclipse
Chevrolet Cobalt two-door

Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, based on 2004-2006 models
10 Least-Expensive Cars to Insure

The 10 vehicles that account for the lowest dollar amount of losses for insurance companies (starting with the least expensive) are:

Ford Five Hundred 4WD (now the Ford Taurus)
Buick Rendezvous 4WD
Buick Lucerne/Buick Rainier 4WD/Honda Odyssey
Ford Freestyle 4WD/Subaru Outback 4WD
Buick Rendezvous/Honda Pilot
Chrysler Town & Country LWB
Honda Pilot 4WD
Buick LaCrosse/Chevrolet Uplander/Ford Escape/Volvo V70
Dodge Grand Caravan/Ford Freestyle 4WD
Ford Explorer 4WD/GMC Sierra 1500 4WD/Toyota Highlander/Toyota Sienna

Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, based on 2004-2006 models
http://finance.yahoo.com/insurance/article/105438/10-Most-and-Least-Expensive-Cars-to-Insure

^link for the rest of the story

·
4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
3,623 Posts
I wonder where the STi fits in there. I heard it was the most expensive car to insure a while back. The second list is hilarious. I don't need yahoo to tell me that the cars my grandparents drive are cheap to insure. :lol:

·
Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
2,719 Posts
I don't know. I still pay $175/mo for my RS. :( Can't imagine what a wrx or STi would cost.

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
It only costs me $150 bucks every 3 months to insure my WRX AND my wife's car...full coverage.:banana:

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
$1370/yr. for us, for my RS, an '01 Outback H-6, and a '92 Legacy L that'll soon be sold to my sister-in-law. So that'll knock a few hundred bucks off.

·
Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
591 Posts
$188 a month for my 1996 impreza obs. going down to $158 a month this year. both for just 25/50 liability. :crazy:

This was my first year off my parents insurance. and i have a not so nice driving record.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I used to pay 243 / month for my 04 sti, I bought it when I was 22, I'm 25 now and I pay $66 / mo for my wagon, full cover

FTW

that is all

·
Premium Member
06 Lexus Rx400h
1,661 Posts
you are all lucky!! 1300 per. 6/mo full coverage.. for my 00 2.5 and wifes 07 cobalt 2dr. she's 20 with 4 tickets already.. im 24 with.. countless tickets.. worst being 143 in a 60.. i dont drive like that anymore but oh well.. i finally got my wife to slow down driving!! but we all learn the hard way lol.. im also in va beach witch insurance is crazy

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
583 Posts
I used to pay $1185/yr on my 04 STi. I don't have an RS (yet :p ) so I'm not sure the difference. I'm 27 btw, clean driving record.

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
but we all learn the hard way lol

no I learned from people like you.

143 in a 60? You either did jail time or lost your car. If none of those happened, it probably didnt happen.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts