Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done some dumb things in my life.

I have looked for an item for hours only to be holding it in my hand (daily event).

I have run 10 ft. from an enemy fighting position to carry a budy back up a hill and they were in too much disbelief to act. The honest truth is I never saw them so it was stupidity.

I made bombs when I was a kid, not to hurt anyone, just for fun, but they were BIG ones and I could have been killed.

I forget things that directly benefit me.

I allowed my evil exwife to destroy a monsterized 86 BRAT and a twin turbo'ed XT6 with over $30k into it before I got rid of her.

But my latest has taken the cake.

I finally meet a girl that I really like. She is a teacher at my son's school and she is exactly as if made to order from my wish list. She is intelligent, radiates with good character, and can hold up her end of a conversation. Unlike the decent women I have met in the past (all two of them out of a 12 year time period) she isn't married and doesn't appear to be gay. This is a bonus.

So, I am told her name is Christine. I have addressed her as Christine. At christmas I always give out wine from my home brewery/winery and slipped in a bottle to her as well as my son's teacher, principal etc. It was labled To: Christine.

So in short, I have been addressing Catherine as Christine. She is certain to think I am an idiot at this point. A decent woman finally shows up and I have to be Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

And to think. I was all about asking her out this week.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yeah man, go up to her and apologize. She will probably think that it takes great courage to do so.

And remember, we are all friends here, and I am certain none of us think you should be shot for anything on the list. Beaten severely with reeds perhaps, but not shot.

:D :D :D

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
At the very least apologize and (maybe) make a joke out of it. Tell her she can call you "Rock" - short for "Rockhead." :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Get her email address and send her nude shots of yourself. I hear women like guys who do stuff like that!

Better yet, have your kid deliver the photos, I'm sure this Chatherine will think that's cute...

But to avoid jail time, appologize. I wouldn't push for a date in the same conversation, but it's better than acting like you don't see her whenever your in the same room... Ask how she liked the wine, or how Christine like the wine...

Just three months from now, when your in the sack with her, be sure your getting the name right. From my experience, girls don't like it when you mix up their names while getting that personal...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Better yet Scott,,ask Catherine to change her name to Christine so youl get it right next time! j/k ,,,,,,,,Just be honest and tell her someone told you her name was Christine.If she as intelligent as you say,she'l forgive ya.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am leaning toward the idea from Lifino, but instead, emailing her my nude pictures of her. You know, just to let her know how much I am interested. And it would be kind of sweet to have the kid deliver them, since he took them and all, heck his little thumb over part of the lense covers her no-no place by accident in one shot. Kids are natural born photographers, they fit down the air vents so much easier......

I think I will take the poppa smurf approach. But you know how women take simple stuff like that way too far.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pipercub said:
"Three words man.

Lie to Her! "

About what?
Thats the beauty of a lie man you can just make up something to lie to he about. Chics hate it when you lie to them. So chances are she'll be so pissed you lied to her that she will forget all about this name stuff.;)

P.S. any chance I could get some of those pics too?:drool:

Oh and how do I steal cable?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Dude, if you like her that much, it's worth the embarassment in apologizing about it just to get closer. In the end, you'll both have a good laugh. Just tell her that you're really sorry about it, and that she should have slapped you around for it, and then ask her out to dinner to make up for it. As long as the conversation goes well and you get along, it'll just bring you closer.

PS - I do the same thing... I had to actually come back to this post after not replying to make sure that someone else wasn't as much of a dolt as I've been in the past and regretted not doing something that they should've.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have no sense of shame or embarassment so I don't have any reservation about that. But of course if she does think I am an idiot or takes it seriously in that funny way that women sometimes do, then it does no good. That is my fear, that she will turnme down over a bad first impression.

I am not one to give up in the face of things going wrong after doing something dumb:

When I was 9 I built a hang glider out of tarpolin and 2x4s. Damn thing was too heavy to fly and not a very good airfoil. I took it to the neighborhood "dirt hill" and failed.

When I was 12 I built one out of aluminum tubing and fiberglass tent poles with kite nylon. It flew.

When I was 11 I burned my hand pretty good with some Potassium Chloride and Aluminum powder. The bomb didn't work very well and was ignited by a fuze made of tissue and pyrodex.

When I was 13 I flipped an old rusted out VW bug end over end in a field using an electricaly detonated shaped charge.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Pipercub said:
That is my fear, that she will turnme down over a bad first impression.
You have already made the first impression... now you have to go and make the first personal impression rather then just casual impression.

Like I said, don't be a dolt about something that you can/will end up regretting later that if you weren't being so stupid about, would have ended up a great thing. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh I am going to do it, that much is sure. I just feel that a great oppertunity has been already poisoned by such a stupid thing. I can't help but think that any positive sentiment has been tainted. It's not as if I sent her a sentiment inspiring gift with Catherine spelled Katherine, I can't help but think that she must feel I must not think that much of her since I didn't even get her name right.

But hey, she is a Special Ed teacher! She might give me some leeway.

Sorry, no pics, but she is CUTE. However, even if she were dog ugly, I mean Keith's momz ugly, I would probably still be just as intertested in her.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I heard my name.

Dude I'm sure it will be fine. You two will be luaghing about it over dinner very soon. Hell if I can save a date after cooking chicken parmesian for a veggie eating rabbit girl you can save the wrong name thing. Hell I bought a veggitarian a leather jacket for chirstmas one year. She almost :barf:

Tried to save that one with "Your always cold this was the warmest jacket I could find"
to which she repied "I bet the animal that was wearing it thought it was warm too."

Thats when its best to make on of these signs.
:stupid:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts