Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it due to the lack of tickets? Maybe the fact that I have ZERO claims? Hmm... maybe...becuase the insurance business is "the business" for the new millenium! Yes that's right folks you pay for protection... just in case! And as an added bonus let me throw in the random rate hike. Why? Becuase "Due to the increased cost of claims on our Automobile line of business, your renewal policy premium may be modestly higher than your expiring policy."

You, yes you sir right there in the hat, pay me, me in the nice suit, money... no wait, MORE money so that when the time comes, my sterling associates and I will help you in your time of need... BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! Since it is actually an expense for us to fix things, I'm going to have to take $20 more a month, so I can assure that you my friend, are protected.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!?
Durring these next months kind sir (4 months before you're 25), let me remind you that our protection is absolute and *almost* gaurenteed... Don't forget that our kind representatives will make sure that you get the MINIMUM, that's right MINIMUM, cash back on a claim. Let me remind you that your monthly fee will drop when you turn 25!! Can't you SMELL THE SAVINGS!?

Hmm, yessir... let me get a good whiff of it. MMmmmm... :sputter:

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Come on - name names - who's this fucked up insurance company? I want to know... :devil:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mutual of Enumclaw... maybe i should go with something a little more national? Like Geico? I don't know...

H

·
0 Posts
USAA hiked my rates too. But that was 6 months ago I think... due to anticipated increased claims payouts. (read: dumbass WRX drivers crashing)

Geico wanted 2x what USAA was charging me back in '98. Back when my record was more or less clean.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Geico was decent for me at a point, but when I was in California I changed to Wawanesa - damn cheapest rates I've even seen, and they are pretty cool. Located in San Diego. Search for Wawanesa and you'll find my other post with their phone number.

The intercooler is doin' good. I've a ways to go before I can use it though. But I thought about just installing it to look cool! :lol:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm with State Farm. My last policy change was a rate increase but the previous two were rate decreases so I'm paying about the same as I was when I got the car in late '98.

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS BRP
330 Posts
Wawanesa was good then my broker found me insurance that was $250 cheaper/year. Ascentus Insurance is the new company. Damn, I like having a broker for my friend, always looking for the best rate:)

Mike

·
Registered
347 Posts
My State Farm policy went up too.

I'm over 25 and have no claims/accidents/tickets in 6 years.

Could be my geographic location too....or just those WRX owners....:curse: :boxer:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why wouldn't insurance companies see the RS as a different car though? Sure the WRXers are crashing it up out there, great, that's the WRX.... :confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know the feeling about insurance going up. I have yet to figure this one out (I'm with Farmer's):

I get married, husband's insurance goes down while mine goes up, overall it stays about the same.

Husband turns 25, his insurace almost gets cut in half.

I turn 25, mine goes down $30.

Drop from comprehensive to liability on the car I'm primary on (not the scooby either); insurance rate for that car cut in half.

Get billed for the scooby insurance (husband primary), stupid insurance goes down $100 on it.

What ticks me off more than anything is the fact that I have never had any tickets or claims of any sort from the day I started driving ('almost' wrecks and shoulduvgottenstoppeds don't count). Husband has had a few tickets and misc claims, but only one or two tickets and no claims or tickets in the past 7 years. We have homeowner's discount, passive restraint, driver's training (stupid video=cheaper rates), multiple car, and something else. I can't complain too much because we do have 5 vehicles, 4 of which we pay to license and insure, but geez...

This reminds me that I need to shop around for insurance on my vacation.

H

·
0 Posts
Husband turns 25, his insurace almost gets cut in half.

I turn 25, mine goes down $30.
Ok, now here's the question to ask yourself....

Was your husband paying almost twice what you were before you got married?

Generally female rates are a lot cheaper than males (under 25), so why should you get pissed when your insurance barely drops and his plummets?

Us guys are pissed our first 9 years of driving because we have to pay stupid-high rates compared to our equally bad female counterparts.

Young male drivers do stupid things on purpose.
Young female drivers do stupid things without knowing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Horatio

On similar cars my husband and I were paying almost identical rates for the same level of coverage before we got married. After the rates changing when we got married we ended up breaking even (his dropped about the amount mine went up).

Now, for your comment that 'girls do stupid things w/o knowing, guys do stupid things and know it' comment. Let's face it, BOTH sexes knowingly do stupid things behind the wheel. I think the main rate problem with the under 25 crowd is that teenagers drive around at mach 3 with the music blaring, a car full of friends trying to 'talk' over the said music, trying to impress the opposite sex with their cool car, all while not paying attention to what's going on in front of them. And when they do look up long enough to notice a stoplight, the light's yellow but they try and beat it or make a left hand turn in front of another car that's busy trying to beat the light too. :eek: If the kid happens to have a sportscar this behavior seems to be present in greater amounts. From past experience I can say that parents are also more likely to buy their sons sportscars to look cool/show off in, while they want something safe for their daughters. A stereotype I know, but this really seems to be the case.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts