Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hooked up my amp Power and Ground but everytime i plug them in to my amp the fuse on my amp blows anyone know what i could be doing wrong? the ground has been scraped of paint and everything else.

·
Registered
2000 Blue Ridge Pearl Subaru I
294 Posts
Your amp is trying to pull to much current and the fuse (probably 15A) can't handle it. Try the next size up (20A). That should do the trick. If you have to go higher than that, then your amp may be defective.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is supposed to be a 20 i havent tried a bigger size yet i thought that might work but i just havent tried yet
Oh yeah and yes i am using a 20

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Sounds like you either have a fried transistor or any other component. In my experience tranisistors alway seem to malfunction first. I wouldn't recommend steppnig up the fuse amperage unless you want to smoke more components. Which could also lead to a fire in your vehicle, etc etc.

If it is a new amp take it back, if it is old either take it to get it worked on or price out a new one.

Buster

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
also just double check to make sure no stray wires are touching an adjacent terminal, one strand of wire con pop a fuse sometimes.

Buster

1 - 5 of 5 Posts