Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how much horsepower a 2000 RS 2.5 actually puts to the wheels after the drivetrain losses?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that sounds about right, the wrx only puts 147 to the ground according to sport compact car... i guess the AWD really makes a difference. thanks for the reply though.

Scott

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
asusimpreza said:
A measley 119 I think.
IIRC, it's lower than that. it's around 100whp @ like 5600rpm.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah...I think it was a bit lower depending on the dyno used. I would rather use 1/4 mile times as a performance gauge than HP just due to the fact our AWD drivetrains and most other cars are not. So even if the WRX rates 147 HP to the wheels (not sure of that number), its the quater mile times that shows how fast that car is.

But of course, by that rule the 2.5rs is a slow car. 1/4 mile at mid to high 16s isn't too good. Plus the high 8s for 0-60 times

Ben

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
the one time i took my car to the strip, it was running 16.0s. someone who knew what the hell was going on probably could have squeaked into the 15s. not that i care. that's not what i bought my car for :D

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
A bone stock RS will dyno anywhere from 95-123 hp depending on the dyno used. Bone stock 1/4 mi times range from 15.8-ish to 16.5-ish. Average 1/4 should be 16.0 for a decent driver.

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
I saw SCC dyno article I read Dynoe'd a 99. Got around 90 HP at the wheels on a 4 wheel dyno.

The figures you see near 120 are on a 2 wheel dyno.

These figures are stock, and you'll see probably a range of ~3hp +/- , depending on simple engine condition. Meaning not considering mods. BTW, people will try to say I'm wrong, because they have an uncle whose brother's friend's son dynoed a stock 2.5, and saw 150 HP to the wheels. If that makes you feel better, sure, it can happen.

But I know I'm right.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
streetman, you are right!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts