Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Who is your favourite(s) all time Racer(s) Past and Present?

• Ayrton Senna DaSilva

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Dale Eardtheart

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Michael Schumacker

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Mario Andretti

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll try to stay away from NASCAR!
Mine would have to be Ayrton Senna DaSilva, Mario Andretti of course he has to be right?, Gerhard Berger, Alain Prost!#1, Nicky Lauda, Hans Shtuck, Michelle Alboreto!!!, Nelson Piquet, wow my list could go on....who are yours?
Frank

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Wagon Monster said:
Petter Solberg
Colin McRae
Tommi Makinen
HAHA!!!

i voted for senna, too bad i was too young when he was driving. but shuey is setting a new standard for F1 drivers and shuey is pretty damn good, but i heard that senna was by far a better driver. anyone know where can i get old F1 tapes?

jz

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JZ oo7 said:

HAHA!!!

i voted for senna, too bad i was too young when he was driving. but shuey is setting a new standard for F1 drivers and shuey is pretty damn good, but i heard that senna was by far a better driver. anyone know where can i get old F1 tapes?

jz
You can subscribe to Racer magazine they got a bunch of racing offers all the time...

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wagon Monster said:
Petter Solberg
Colin McRae
Tommi Makinen
Dude what about Carlos Sainz you know the one that used to be part of the SWRT and is now a teammate to another former Subaru driver and former world champion for subaru???????He's got to be upthere too right?

A

·
0 Posts
Nobuteru Tanaguchi....
JGTCC GT300 class
R.E. Amemiya FD3S RX-7
and the 2002 D1 champion

It was a group effort to decide on our fav !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
613 Posts
Group 44 bob tulius,steve mc queen and that 87 year old ex five time cal dirt champ guy that hangs out at the cart track and can beat anyone.

·
Registered
50 Posts
not the best in the world but won the F-ONE championship in the early 90's, my fave drive of all time /// Nigel Mansell. :devil:

·
Registered
124 Posts
none from that list

I think that my favorite driver of all time is Tommi Makinnen (sp?)
He kicked as an Evo driver and he's still doing awesome as a STi-guy! Go WRC!!
(btw, Nascar is a total spectator sport! not a lot of skill required for an oval race!)

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
redrs said:
not the best in the world but won the F-ONE championship in the early 90's, my fave drive of all time /// Nigel Mansell. :devil:
very nice!!didn't he win the F-1 championship and went on to win the Cart (back when cart was "THE" shit) the following year after his F-1 tittle?

·
Registered
2006 Outbrat Turbo, 5MT
293 Posts
No contest... Ayrton Senna. Wow! :eek: I literally cried when he was killed.

I was in my 20's and selling Hondas when Senna was driving for McLaren/Honda. The man was incredible, which was why it was so hard to believe that he was gone. IMHO F1 has never been as good as in the old Alain Prost/Ayrton Senna days at McLaren. Damn, really brought back a rush of old memories there.

Distant second... Emmo Fittipaldi. You never knew what the SOB was going to say in the post race. Great stuff and great driver. "My Goodyear tires all day is SHEET!"

Currents:
F1: Schumi (the man is a machine)
IRL: Hornish Jr. (local boy makes good)
CART: Tracy (cause he's a prick)
NASCAR: Newman (love a driver that has a degree in engineering)
WR: Solberg

Shoot, I'd watch shopping carts race if they had motors. I think that each series has its own merits. Different racing, different styles, etc. I'm not a "hater" when it comes to racing.

lump

·
Registered
99 rs
354 Posts
Jacques Villeneuve is badass. '97 championship win over shuey.. wait 'til he gets a decent ride (Williams next year?)....you'll see! =P

·
Premium Member
'01 RSTi - Aspen White
246 Posts
Even though I hate him...Shumacher is the best of all time.
But, my list goes like this:

Nelson Piquet (watching old videos of him driving the Brabahm BMW gives me chills)
Alex Wurz (just wait until he gets a real drive)
Kimi Raikonnen (only going to get better)
Juan Pablo Montoya (the only one in F1 with any balls)
Petter Solberg
I also agree that Villenueve has amazing raw talent and can still win with a decent car.

IMHO, Mansell was just a 'good' driver. No way was he ever great. Remember that he won both the F1 and "champcar" championships while driving for the best team and best cars. Anybody driving those cars would probably have won the championships.

I think that a truly great driver can do some amazing shit with a car and team that is average. Anybody else agree?

·
Super Moderator
2000 Slingshot RS-T
3,211 Posts
Definitely Senna. He was a badass, and was only getting started! :(

1 - 20 of 40 Posts