Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know if it's an RS or an L conversion. The front end is an L but the sunroof throws me off thinking it's an RS.

I also have other questions if it is an L for the owner.

Can anyone help me track down the owner?

Attachments

·
DemodderedOGmoss
05 LGT, 06 WRX wag, ZX6R
4,654 Posts
Looks to me like a Canadian-spec 2.5RS. Canadian RSs had to retain to the L/ '98 2.5RS front bumper in order to pass Canada's stricter impact laws (correct me if I'm wrong, but it's 5mph in the US and 10mph in Canada?)

keith

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh...I think you're right! It just may be a Canadian RS. I hadn't thought of that, though I do recall the front end being as the L model here in the states. It never occured to me.

Heh...thanks for the quick reply too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nope.

The Canadian RS Has the same front bumper just fabricated differently, either it is an RS and has a L bumper or it's just a plain ol' L

BTW canadain Impact Law is 20kph

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
its probably just a MY98. if you have a higher res version of the pic, look at the headlights. if they have that grooved plastic over the entire thing, then its a MY98.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
but we didn't get 2.5RS sedans in 98. even if we did, that spoiler doesn't go on a 2.5RS sedan.

jz

·
Ntseg Muag!
SRP MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
518 Posts
i've seen one of those somewhere before...i think it's a candain version of the rs....some ppl aleady mention it....

·
Registered
92 Legacy Turbo
44 Posts
Well that's interesting, that looks like a Version 5/6 Front grill. My gues is as good as anyones. But I agree thats no 98 RS.

Stu

·
DemodderedOGmoss
05 LGT, 06 WRX wag, ZX6R
4,654 Posts
OK... let's clear this up with my post! That IS a Canadian spec 2000-2001 4 door 2.5RS. The grill is a C-West grill. The reason the Canadian spec 2.5RSs come with the L style bumpers is to pass Canadian Impact law.

WarArieS did you buy your 2.5RS off someone ? If so, that would probably be the reason for your RS having a Version 5(stock US 99 and up) front bumper. It seems that upgrading the Canadian bumper to the Version 5 is a common mod in Canada :) I kind of like the L front bumper with a lip... it looks good and different!

BTW... I know I'm right :D (not to sound cocky ;) )

Keith

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
how did you see 2? there is 4!

jz

1 - 15 of 15 Posts