Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ME!

The Dragon meet pretty much ruled all meets. I'm still on an adrenaline high from driving around up there. Wicked loads of fun. :D

Who's with me? Who else was there? Who will be there next year?

:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was there and yes I had a blast. You can definitely count on me for next year. It was a really good group to be with and I was happy I went along. I only wish we could do it more than just once a year.

Kristi

·
Registered
41 Posts
Templar (Kent) and I were there. We had a blast! I got to drive his shiny, shiny baby all the way to the dam and back.:D It was great to meet people and put faces and real names with screen names.

I know Kent had a great time, especially when he took one of the Katana guys out for a nice hard drive. Check out this post on Katana Planet:
Here

Special thanks to Porter and everyone else for making it such a great weekend!

Elizabeth

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
E-beth, thanks for the link! I was wondering when I would get to read stuff on KP about our weekend adventure. I'm still waking up smiling thinking about the Dragon. Maybe we should do one in the spring and one in the fall? I'll talk to Porter about it and see what he thinks. ;)

In the meantime, Kristi, how did you get your interior to look like that? What did you use on your dash vinyl and plastic surfaces to paint or color them without having something that might scratch badly or flake off?

I didn't get a chance to ask and was curious. :)

Thanks!

See you guys there again next year. :D
(Maybe I'll have my M Roadster by then, who knows)

·
Registered
137 Posts
DrBiggly,

My interior was easy to do but time consuming and if you screw you, well you are screwed for the most part. But it is simple. Whatever colors you plan on using for your interior just make sure you buy dye not paint. Paint will flake but dye will hold up a little better. I had to rip our all of my interior to do this. That was the biggest pain. Then decide what pieces you want what color. Make sure you do a good masking job on what ever you do not want painted and make sure you clean everything really well. Clean it at least 2 times. If you have used a lot of armorial then make sure you clean it 3-4 times. If you do not clean it well then you will develop fish eyes. Also when you are ready to start painting make sure you do very light sprays at first and let them dry. You want to do many light coats. If you are not careful and spray too much then you will develop runs. If you need to ask me any specific question then e-mail me at [email protected] and I will be glad to help you.

Kristi

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kristi,

Thanks for the advice! I'm honestly not sure that I would do anything to the interior of the truck other than the stereo that I have already. I have some A/F issues I think and would like to mount a SAFC in the glovebox (the door faces you like part of the dash). I think that would be a neat touch to flushmount it in there, it would just be over on the passenger side. I'm rather limited for space I can put things and having the seat forward an extra couple of clicks for the stereo is sacrifice enough for now. ;)

I've taken my dash apart (at least parts of it) many times before so I ain't skeered of that....I know how much time it takes though so I commend you on the effort that you have put into your car. I had a friend of mine with a Mitsu truck that he redid his entire interior; most of it was crushed velvet. It was pretty wild; that and the switches that he also did himself. Don't have any pics of it though. :(

I will have to take you up on the offer if I get motivated enough to try and spice up my interior. Or I may wait until I get a RS.... ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yea know I am not sure what is up with that. I personally am flattered and I am even more flattered that everyone seemed to like my car. That is unusual for me. I am not complaining though.

kristi:biggest:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just take the compliments and smile. You wowed all of the guys so they're going to babble on like idiots about you for a while most likely. Rarely do the Subaru guys get to have any females come out and play with them so when they do it's always a sensation.

Just know that you're always welcome back anytime and when you do come back, expect to be hounded by a load of single guys who wish you were theirs. :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
littlepest said:
Yea know I am not sure what is up with that. I personally am flattered and I am even more flattered that everyone seemed to like my car. That is unusual for me. I am not complaining though.

kristi:biggest:

I was there too. Didn't have a chance to talk to you, but where did you get the TD wheels? I was having some difficulty finding a vendor for them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
There is a local shop here in Kentucky that has a whole sale accout with Teamdynamic and because I am a good friend of the shop owner I get everything at cost. It is great.

·
Registered
137 Posts
However I am thinking about selling them sometime soon. So if you are interested or know someone tell them to get in touch with me.

Kristi

·
Registered
796 Posts
I was there, as DrBiggly knows from his late night ride through the dragon in my backseat. I can't say firsthand, but it seems that a ride through the gap at night, in the back of my car would be much like riding on space mountain.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, that was a wild ride. Especially since I couldn't really see where I was going. I imagine a ride on the Azenis would have been even better instead of your bald street tires. :D

I got out with a headache....and I don't get headaches from anything. I'll feel queasy before I get on a rollercoaster and come off feeling GOOD instead of worse. Definitely an awesome ride. :devil:

I'd do it again, no questions asked. Maybe we all go back in the fall? I'm trying to talk Porter into helping us organize it again for fall. :)

·
Registered
05 LGT limited
405 Posts
Me too! (I was there) Someone was overheard commenting on the blue RS with Michigan plates that pulled hard out of every corner and was basically leaving them...hmm... I had the only blue RS with MI plates... just wish I knew who it was who said that, so I could say thanks for the props.

Oh, and by the way... Biggly's S-type is insanely quick!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wondered when more of you people were gonna find this thread; it's about time.

Thanks for the compliments yamarocket. :biggest:

·
Really??
2007 Acura TL Type S - WDP
319 Posts
I too...

was there....it was good times...I couldn't drive as much as I wanted to b/c of the oil leak, but I still had fun...I too am trying to get Porter to get another group to go. I want to go back soo bad. Next time, I will be able to run the Cherohala with everyone else...I got the leak fixed. I'm about ready to take a vacation and go up there...lol

Matt

1 - 20 of 26 Posts