Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1998,impreza,white
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking this would really restore and make an older tranny work better and smoother!

1 part lucas
1 part syncromesh
2 parts 75w-90 synthetic oil
and i thing this is quite a good mix

any one think so too??
i just know that lucas really does help in the manual trannys

·
Registered
41 Posts
According to the know it alls on nasioc, you need at least one quart of dino oil in the mix. They say subie trans do not like full synthetic oil.

·
Registered
02 GD6
2,056 Posts
i think mixing tranny oils is ignorant. you cant expect to somehow get all the benefits of the different oils together. there are concequences to mixing oils, this is why manufacturers dont recommend it.

anyway, keep to your alchemy if it floats your boat.

·
Registered
04 STi silver
624 Posts
have you ever looked in to how they make oil? we are not in the 70's any more, they it illegal to use lead in oil. there is nothing wrong with mixing oils.

·
Registered
02 GD6
2,056 Posts
my name said:
have you ever looked in to how they make oil? we are not in the 70's any more, they it illegal to use lead in oil. there is nothing wrong with mixing oils.
just because there is no lead it's okay to mix? this isnt fuel....

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS w/ EJ255
146 Posts
Rebuild the transmission. You can try to cheap out and mix oils to make the transmission run smoother, but you can't get away from the fact that you still have a transmission with X miles of wear and tear. Mixing oils is to the get different viscosities at operating temps. If you’re not a chemist then don’t mix things without knowing the outcome. Mixing can cause oil to foam, and you don't want pockets of gas/air where you need librication. You wouldn’t want the oil to thicken up or brake down at high revs. My 2¢

1 - 9 of 9 Posts