Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's time for some new front brake pads, and I am in need of a little assisstance as far as who makes good brake pads that last and have some decent bite, as in capable of some autocross use. Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
i have the EBC reds in front, and absolutely love them. they have about the same grip as the Mintex, but without the sqeaking and dust buildup. just don't get the greens since they have a tendency to chew up rotors.

·
Registered
599 Posts
hehehe I've taught you well 10th Warrior...

The Mintex 1155 is pretty much a race pad (I personally loved it and could deal witht he stuck pig sounds)but from the ride's in 10th's car and playing chase in some of our roads, the EBC reds seem real good, maybe I'll buy another Set and put them on this time....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply 10th and shawn, but I got impatient and just ordered some of the Cobb Performance pads. I heard a few bad things about the EBC reds anyways, like excessive dusting and some bad squeaking. Anywho, I'm hoping the Cobbs work out for me, and are in by next Autocross event. Thanks though. ANd by the way Shawn, you mentioned something to me aobut a guy who wanted to sell his STI strut bar?? Got a user name or something? thanks

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts