Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
I've got a custom 2.25" cat-back system with a resonator and a Magnaflow muffler. Sucker's loud. I was surprised, and to be honest, it's too loud for me - even with the resonator.

I'm now looking for a different muffler. Don't get me wrong - I think the Magnaflow is a great product. The quality looks top-notch, the price is great, and the power difference was noticeable in the upper rpm's. For me, however, the straight-through design is too loud and boomy in the car. On long trips I put cotton in my ears.:)

· Registered
18 Posts
I got the M-14805 - 2.25" inlet with dual 3.5" tips. I would have preferred 3" tips just to look a little more subtle, but the choices for that muffler are 3.5 or 4".

If you're going turbo you'll need a larger inlet size, probably 2.5-3". Since I'm still N/A I don't know offhand which size is best, so you'll probably want to talk to some of the turbo guys. I think the Magnaflow will complement a turbo well and I believe the turbo will muffle the sound level a little.

-G

:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.