Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whiteline KSB750 Subframe Lock Bolts

The KSB750 Subframe Lock kit is designed to lock the rear subframe on the Impreza, WRX and certain Legacy models. It allows for more precise alignment of the rear wheels and limits the amount of rear subframe movement under cornering loads, which can result in poor dynamic alignment settings. Simply insert and tighten, for race days to lock the rear Subframe in place for increased performance.

Whiteline KSB750 rear subframe lock bolts ….. $20/pair

Has anyone tried these before? If so what diffreneces do you feel.

Rudy

·
Registered
392 Posts
well i don't know if you've already looked at this stuff but maybe check out whitelines website and their articles on parts that magazines have tested. they have really good reviews on the coilovers so maybe there's a great review on these subframe lock bolts.?

just an idea. but for 20 a pair i'd say go for it.

sorry if this didn't help,
Robert

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Robert,

I guess I wanted like a pervious owner responds or something... I also have a question as in like why only use it on track or auto-x days??? or anything like how they feel...

Rudy

·
Registered
MY00 2.5RS(RIP)02WRXWagon
86 Posts
No experience with the kit myself but Jim Gurieff told me that it may be a bit harsh for some folks, with a bit more added NVH. But its easy enough to remove before and after events.

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
I put a set in my RS, I like em'.

To me, understeer is decreased and braking is better.
I guess that's because it wont allow the rear subframe to unload.
There is less squat/dive, same reason?

I think they say "for track/off road only" to avoid legal issues, like "I crashed my car into a wall, and it's because of these aftermarket parts"

The instructions also warn of "chassis wear" but I can't imagine how that would happen.

I also put in their poly rack bushings, and I noticed zero difference with them, your milage may vary.

Oh, yeah, I notice no increase in NVH with either mod.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's the poly rack bushings? And what do you mean that the mileage may differ? like do you have low mileage and noticed nothing diffrent?

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
The poly rack bushings are harder than the stock rubber ones.
This is the flexible component that provides a bit of give where the steering rack is bolted to the frame, to isolate NVH.

"Your milage may vary" = "your results may vary"

Sort of a joke, kind of sorta.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts