Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting the Whiteline ALK. I am just wondering how difficult it is to install. A am pretty good at suspension installs, but am sadly no longer able to use the well stocked garage I used to. Is it possible to do witout air tools? Is it possible but just stupid hard?

I realize I will need an alignment after, but with all the dirt bashing I do, I probably need one anyways. ;)

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS BRP
330 Posts
I installed mine without air tools. I just needed to have a leverage bar to loosen some of the bolts. The first side took around 1hr and the second side took about 20 min. We got the technique on the second side. Make sure you have someone to help you with this install.
Any questions about the install PM me.
Mike

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
I helped put one on an 02 WRX, and it took us a while. Tried to loosen the nuts on my MY98 and I ended up moving myself around on the floor. I'll need to jack the car up more/get better leverage somehow to get it done. You'll need help and some bars to pry down the control arms so you can put everything back on. The directions are straight forward and help. Good luck, can't wait till I get the free time to try to put mine on too.

AJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts