Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today i was driving and i was just cruising with the a/c on then decided to do some spirited driving so i turned off the a/c before i mashed on the pedal. when i was done driving hard i turned the a/c back on. i noticed very light white smoke coming through my vents. I wasnt sure what it was. Has this happened to anyone? My climate control was in the recirculation mode so it couldnt have been engine smoke.
-Steve

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Sounds like water that condensed on the coils. That could mean you have a heater core leak which is the source of the water. Check under the dash and under the passenger side carpet for any fluid.

·
4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
3,623 Posts
someone's trying to poison you, get out of the car!

seriously, it's just so humid out that the water vapor is still condensing even after it leaves the evaporator coil. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza L Coupe
281 Posts
someone's trying to poison you, get out of the car!

seriously, it's just so humid out that the water vapor is still condensing even after it leaves the evaporator coil. Nothing to worry about.
Not sure if it's related.. but the same thing happend to me about 2 years ago on my 95L.. 2 days later the AC compressor shit the bed.

Now that I've got you worried.... :wtf: don't worry, the fog won't be a problem. Sit back and enjoy the clubbin' atmosphere.

Greg

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
coolio thanks! also, do you think my a/c would work better if the lines were protected form engine bay temps? I was thinking about wrapping them in some sort of heat shield.

·
4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
3,623 Posts
nah don;t worry about. Just recharge your system if it's been more than 120k miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts