Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2001 2.5rs
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im looking at a whiteline 22mm front sway bar and they have two types. they have the non adjustable and the adjustable but they dont say what the other notch acts like. would it be a 20-22 or a 22+??

adjustable one
Whiteline

non adjustable one
Whiteline

same price so which one should i go with?? i've got 20mm rear, coilovers, rear adjustable lateral links, rear adjustable trailing arms, rear solid endlinks and i will be getting solid front endlinks as well. thanks!

·
Registered
JDM Moneypit
599 Posts
Others state a different opinion but the biggest and stiffest bar isn't always the best. It does alter the way that your car will handle and especially a larger bar in the rear will allow your car to become much more tail happy. You must weigh if you're going to use your car as a DD vs auto-x. Some guys do value and adjustable bar more if you do a lot of both dd and auto-x. I think it's kind of a pain so I just leave my adjustable rear in the middle setting. As far as front endlinks go, I've seen quite a few guys run the second ones. I'm not sure if anyone can comment as to which one would be more reliable. Kartboy offers some pretty good endlinks for competitive prices so you may want to check them out as well. And, inevitably, I'm sure someone will tell you to "use the search button."

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS - #74 ST
129 Posts
The "right" option for you comes down to what you want your car to do and personal preference. In the end, only testing can answer that question.

In my opinion: Get the adjustable if it's available and in your budget, that way you can try both settings to see which one you prefer. I think Whiteline considers one hole equivalent to 22 mm and the other 24 mm, though I find it easier to call one "stiffer" and the other "softer".

·
Resident ovloV Guru
'09 Impreza 2.5i/'00 OBS
3,077 Posts
I would say it comes down to the application, and what your going to use your car for. IMO I would spring for the adjustable one. Just in the off chance you don't like one setting you at least have another option, where as if you get the non-adjustable, you need a new bar.

·
Registered
2001 2.5rs
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok sweet so yea im thinking about doing kartboy endlinks now. i've got solid rear endlinks but they are kinda jenky so might as well replace them lol. and will i have any issues with clearance with the adjustable bar being in both settings? im going to run a 17x9 + 30 wheel and heard some sway bars i cant fit anything over 8" wide.. those would only be my daily driving tires i have other sets for autocross when i start doing that.

·
Registered
2001 2.5rs
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey z1 performance i went on yalls site and couldnt find any bars that fit 01 2.5rs and also saw gt spec endlinks for the rear but not for the front would those be a nicer choice then kartboys or just go with the kartboys?

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
hey z1 performance i went on yalls site and couldnt find any bars that fit 01 2.5rs and also saw gt spec endlinks for the rear but not for the front would those be a nicer choice then kartboys or just go with the kartboys?

Whiteline swaybars for a GC are in the handling section here:

Z-1 Performance Automotive Services Inc. - Whiteline Swaybars 1993-2001 Impreza (non turbo)

GT Spec does not make front endlinks

Kartboy endlinks are on our site here: Z-1 Performance Automotive Services Inc. - Kartboy Swaybar Endlinks

·
Registered
2001 2.5rs
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sweet when i get my tax return in ill be coming to yall for the front sway bar and kartboy front and rear endlink package. combined shipping? lol ill pm you when i get the money in thanks for the info and help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.