Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to go up to a 225/45r16 looking for something that has great handeling but still a decent tread wear i drive 30 miles each way to work 6 days a week and dont want to blow the tires off in 1 summer was looking at the bfg kdw2 and the falken ziex512 any input much appreciated

·
Super Moderator
2000 Slingshot RS-T (Sold)
3,212 Posts
Where are you located? It would help to know if you get snow or lots of rain where you are at.

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
Falken Azenis ST115's are great. I run them on my S14 and they are really good for spirited driving. My size is 205/55/R16 on stock SE alloys. They are really good high performance summer tire with out the high cost. They are pretty good in rain too. I live in Iowa and see all sorts of weather. I wouldn't run them in snow unless you have like five 60lb sand bags in the rear. Tread wear is rated at 360 i believe and it does last long. I'm on my 2nd year on the same tires.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input im not concered with snow i got a set of kelly snows that were like $40 each but they work awsome look like they belong on a john deere lol

im in mass by the way

·
Super Moderator
2000 Slingshot RS-T (Sold)
3,212 Posts
OK. In that case look at either the Falken ST112 or the new Falken Zeix 912 both excellent tires.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza RS Silver
103 Posts
If you haven't bought any tires yet you can check the Toyo T-1R. Excellent wet and dry performance.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nope i havent bought anyhting i touhgt i would be able to sell my wrx rims and tires pretty fast but i havent yet these tires are gonna go on a set of goldies i have

·
Registered
98rsti RallybluePearl
3,370 Posts
I have had nothing but good times with my HANKOOK ventus rs-2's excellent tires with excellent tread life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts