Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about the performance chips out there? Seems the one I see the most is the proECM, but I havent found any dynos that show what performance it gives, if it works well with an automatic, or what the caution about highway driving is all about in its installation pdf.

Anyone with any info on ECUs please respond. I want as much power as I can get at a reasonable price. (I already have a Ganzflow cold air intake ordered)

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
if you get 2 chips they double the effect. and 3 does even more. think about it

·
www.jackstalk.com
‘98 RS, 911 Cab, CT6 TT, Escalade ESV
5,578 Posts
if you get 2 chips they double the effect. and 3 does even more. think about it
No, as long as you always have an odd number chipset you are good to go. The even numbers will cancel each other out when you tune it for MAX hp

·
Registered
2018 Crosstrek
97 Posts
Hahahaha this is great. You're gonna wanna research through the forums a bit, but don't get any chips off ebay claiming to give you +58hp. You'd be better off using your money as fire starter. I'm not terribly knowledgeable on the subject, but the best options i've seen are to either go with the reflash from Crawfod (read they may not be offering reflashes anymore?? can anyone confirm/deny??) or just get your car tuned by a reputable shop.

·
aka arangov3
Do noffin Foz
2,802 Posts
im not too sure but i dont think the 2.5rs has an ecu, go get a light weight crank pulley
I don't think a 2.5rs has an Eternal Care Unit too, since the AT does all the thinking, just have to give it gas and go broom broom :burnout:.

No, as long as you always have an odd number chipset you are good to go. The even numbers will cancel each other out when you tune it for MAX hp
Just don't get to many chips cuz you'll run out of weight watches points then you have to :barf: all the chips up and start over.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts