Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 OBS and Last week I noticed my Rear Defroster Switch Light was out So I took off the cover and pulled out the Switch it had a bad bulb so I ordered a new switch from the dealer. ($37.97).
After a day or two of waiting I went to autozone and got a rocker switch and put that in. I must have pluged it in the wrong set of pins on the plug because now I have no Dash lights. But the funny thing is that the radio back light works when the car lights are off but when I turn them on the Radio back light goes oFF.? I have pulled out every fuse and chedked them They are all good. So my question is, is it a fuse or did I blow out The dash LightBulb.??
Thanks For Your Help In Advance

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my car they are a different type of light bulb and switch they dont twist in, the bulb is soldered in
It is a little bulb like a christmass tree light bulb. My local subaru dealer did not nor could not get just the bulb. So my only choice was to replace the switch with a new one.
This switch has a four pin plug, one pair for the Light and the other pair for the normally open contact switch.
As for the dimmer switch I havent checked it out yet.

Thanks for your help all..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.