Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 OBS and Last week I noticed my Rear Defroster Switch Light was out So I took off the cover and pulled out the Switch it had a bad bulb so I ordered a new switch from the dealer. ($37.97).
After a day or two of waiting I went to autozone and got a rocker switch and put that in. I must have pluged it in the wrong set of pins on the plug because now I have no Dash lights. But the funny thing is that the radio back light works when the car lights are off but when I turn them on the Radio back light goes oFF.? I have pulled out every fuse and chedked them They are all good. So my question is, is it a fuse or did I blow out The dash LightBulb.??
Thanks For Your Help In Advance

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Have you figured out the problem yet? It sounds to me like you may have crossed some wires or else the defroster wasn't designed to run on an autozone rocker switch. Just my 2 cents.

:)

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Did you check the fuses under the dash and the ones under the hood by the battery? also if just the light bulb in the switch was out you could just get a bulb from the dealer for a few bucks instead of changing the whole switch. They usually just twist out and you can pop an new one in

H

·
0 Posts
Peaty said:
Did you check the fuses under the dash and the ones under the hood by the battery? also if just the light bulb in the switch was out you could just get a bulb from the dealer for a few bucks instead of changing the whole switch. They usually just twist out and you can pop an new one in
The indicator bulb in my foglight switch burned out and the dealer replaced the whole switch under warranty. They said something about it being cheaper to just replace the whole thing versus trying to stock all of the little parts. :confused:

Have you checked the dimmer switch? It might sound like a bonehead suggestion but sometimes the simple things get overlooked.

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
I think your dealer is a little lazy, once the switch is out, how hard is it to do the 1/4 twist to get out the 1 buck bulb?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my car they are a different type of light bulb and switch they dont twist in, the bulb is soldered in
It is a little bulb like a christmass tree light bulb. My local subaru dealer did not nor could not get just the bulb. So my only choice was to replace the switch with a new one.
This switch has a four pin plug, one pair for the Light and the other pair for the normally open contact switch.
As for the dimmer switch I havent checked it out yet.

Thanks for your help all..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts