• Black

Votes: 9 9.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
About fucking time!!!!! hey check out my Poll and if you want to vote cool or just add something cool!!!!

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
NO doubt there! I agree with you that rally drivers are more skilled than any other driver in any type of motorsports! vote on the poll and give us your list! that's why is called Who is your favorite(s) racer(s) of all time. Past and Present , or could it be the reason why you did not post is because you don't know the names of any rallye drivers? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FRAKK's2.5 said:
I agree with you that rally drivers are more skilled than any other driver in any type of motorsports!
Not to get into a big argument, but that's a severe generalization if you ask me. While Rally drivers do kick ass, I despise the thought that people really believe NASCAR drivers have "no skills". Watching a good nascar driver is amazing.

I watched the final 20 minutes of one race a couple years ago. Ernhardt or somebody at that level (don't remember names to well) was around 6th place for most of the race. With about 3 laps to go he started moving up the field, 5th place... 4th place... 2 laps to go ... 3rd place... 2nd place... final lap... 1st place!

How? Cuz the other drivers had no skills so they all moved aside to let him gain 6 places in a minute? No. Cuz he has the skill to know how to ride the wind stream of the cars in front of him. He basically hopped from the car in front of him to the car in front of that car... driving at a couple hundred mph just inches away from the back bumper of the car in front of him, he was able to actually speed up do to the lack of wind resistance when driving at the right position behind the next car, acting like a sling shot.

He is known for this. It's not an easy skill... and he has it down very nicely. I just don't like comparrisons saying these guys have no talent. Blah. Let's see you drive for a few hours at a couple hundred mph with 20 other cars on the track all inches away and see how well you do.

all that said and done, i am not a big fan of NASCAR as it's not too exciting to watch and it's getting way too mainstream now with all adds just showing the accidents. you realize that if/when rally becomes mainstream, the same thing will happen. you'll see adds on ESPN and FOX for rally footage, all cars twisting, flipping, going into spectators, people dying. blah.

ok. rant done. :)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oo... tied neck and neck for bronze and black!

No gun metal or grey, eh? Interesting....

Any photoshoppers out there care to try to put black tarmacs on a black rs? :)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I was leaning towards the darker colors, like GunMetal myself. It just seems weird when the rim is darker than the tire :) But I'm starting to like this black rim stuff.

Kinda would fit my name anyway!

Get black rims and do 50% smoke tint all around... mmmm :)

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Nascar sucks redneck ass!!!!!! Passing cars at 185mph is nothing compared to drifting on the side of a cliff at 110mph end of the discution!!!!!!

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Yeah! Sean Stay on Topic!! and by the way NASCAR sucks a big one on that I do agree with you Sean!, anyway you know those black rims do look good on that RS! too bad you have a new age RS!HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE...
Frakk
P.S. Seriously though I still think the bronze rims would look tite on your ride! then again that's my opinion...and did I mentioned NASCAR sucks!?just checkin'

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright. I'll let it go. I still stand by my statements while I do see your point and agree with the amazing driving of those rally people! I guess I just wouldn't say nascar is "no" skill. I know I'd die if I tried it. :)

Frakk: Bah! I love the look of the new age car. So classy, subtle, formal. Especially in black. mmmmm. Once I get some good rims, a nice stance, tint and a scoop. mmmmmmmmmmmm! :)

I'm leaning towards black/gunmetal right now over bronze. Bah! Too many choices! I suck at decisions. Luckily, these are good deal rims, so I could always buy two sets ;)

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
This sucks It will only let me vote one time!!!!

I still like the look of the bronze and the black. Why don't you buy 2 bronze and 2 black and put them on the oposite sides of the car!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts