Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which class would the following mods put me in and would I be competitive?

Ganz CAI & K&N*
Kartboy Shifter & Momo Airleather*
ProECM Chip*
Sparco Harnesses*
20 MM Rear Swaybar*
Cobb Cams
Apexi S-AFC
KYB AGX Struts
STI Motor and Tranny Mounts
Kuhmo Ecstas
MRT Headerback
Prodrive Springs
GFB Pulleys
Exedy Clutch & Flywheel
Cusco Rear Strut tower bar

* Annotates parts already on car.
What else should I buy? I have a $6,000 dollar budget Ican spend on parts next month. Thanks.

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
You'll be in prepared or SM with the cams. Basically its pick which class you want to get whipped by worse... although with little more suspension work you may be competative on a local level in Prepared.

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, hopefully I don't get beaten too badly, but hopefully I'll be fine after income tax next year when I buy a supercharger.

·
Registered
02 RS, 97 brighton
105 Posts
Since you guys are already on the topic, what about me?
I would be in STS except for my CF hood. I was told by a couple of people I would be put into DSP and I thought I read somewhere in the rules that you could replace the hood in DSP. Upon looking again at the rules today I couldn't find where it stated that. So what class am I in until I can get another hood, DSP, SM, are P?

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
The hood is not DSP legal. No body panels can be replaced by lightweight units(in street prepared). Prepared or SM is where you'd go.

Don't go there until you at least do the suspension and get race tires.
Burnout said:
Since you guys are already on the topic, what about me?
I would be in STS except for my CF hood. I was told by a couple of people I would be put into DSP and I thought I read somewhere in the rules that you could replace the hood in DSP. Upon looking again at the rules today I couldn't find where it stated that. So what class am I in until I can get another hood, DSP, SM, are P?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts