Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 30 24.4%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am about to purchase a cat back exhaust for my 2002 TS wagon. I am currently trying to decide between the Brullen Catback and the Stromung catback. I want dual-tips, thats why I chose these two brands. I would also like it to be relatively quiet... not obnoxious. If any of you guys have any opinions about either of these or something altogether new, let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
'93 L wagon, '04 FXTi
1,682 Posts
I voted Stromung, although you may want to also check out a Magnaflow if you're on a budget. You can get a complete custom stainless catback with it for less then a Stromung axle-back will cost.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i just bought a stromung single tip catback for my 02 rs - its in the mail 590 shipped - see auwrx on iclub

ill tell u how it is when i get it!

·
Registered
107 Posts
r the 5zigen fireballs any good for 2.2L's?? i know they sound alright but how is it performance wise?? if not 5zigen what should i get?? and something that i wont have to mod to fit my 2.2

·
ghost impreza
2008 Subaru Legacy GT
363 Posts
cRAzIAZZmoFO said:
... and something that i wont have to mod to fit my 2.2
If you can't find a direct fit for the 2.2 (not sure if they are any different than the 2.5) - a muffler shop can generally do the modification cheap - typically it's just the flange that needs to be adjusted. That and/or a hanger or two.

I always feel like the RS gets no respect from the aftermarket compared to the WRX. Wow do I feel bad for anyone with an L...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Does anyone here know if the Prodrive muffler can be modified to fit new-generation RS'?? I was told that the hangers were different.

If not, how do I go about choosing an exhaust that will fit my car?

Thanks,
Bill

·
ghost impreza
2008 Subaru Legacy GT
363 Posts
wgb113 said:
Does anyone here know if the Prodrive muffler can be modified to fit new-generation RS'?? I was told that the hangers were different.

If not, how do I go about choosing an exhaust that will fit my car?

Thanks,
Bill
Any exhaust (with the exception of perhaps Titanium?) can be modified. Hangers are different? Cut 'em off + weld 'em on the right way. Or rather, have a muffler shop do it for you :D

·
Registered
'93 L wagon, '04 FXTi
1,682 Posts
Archangel said:
By the way where can i buy a Stromung exaust ? And is it "compatible" with a borla header ? (p.s.-> mechanic is not my thing)
They will work fine. They actually don't connect, the factory catalytic converter is in between.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,850 Posts
joefocker20 said:
I vote an Apexi N1.
I would too if it was turbo but if he's staying N/A I'd go with something else(scooby sport or stromung would be good). If you got money brullen. Or you can get the headerback kit from MRT, that seems good, but sell the axle back part and get something better.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS SMG
671 Posts
anybody have trouble with their stromung rusting at all. i live in northeast and get alot of rain. also will i notice a difference in performance if i get axelback or catback?:confused:

wheres the cheapest place to get stromung

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I've heard that some stromung exhausts rust but the XA seems like it would be good. As for cat back vs axle back, I think the mid pipe would help cause it would increase the diameter from the cat back giving you better flow.

·
Registered
737 Posts
yea im goin wit the Stromung too... im gettin TWE headers and a high flow cat though...

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
sure why not, I was just saying since you were looking at an exhaust the mrt is the best bang for the buck. I plan on doing twe headers too but with a test pipe.

·
Registered
00 RS, 99 fozzy & 04 rex
1,086 Posts
i say go stromung. that is the setup that i have.....a go twith some good hearders...twe or whatever.....

·
Premium Member
2000, GF4 wagon, BRP
10,383 Posts
Ok, are you guys choosing stromung because its a better exhaust or because he wanted a quite exhaust and dual tips? Loundness doesn't bother me aslong as it doesn't sound like crap. I don't like dual tips that much, and I want an exhaust that has good power gains, what kind of exhaust would you guys recomend? I'm very new to all this. I barely know the basics, and that I love subaru's, and driving fast on windy roads.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ben.. said:
Ok, are you guys choosing stromung because its a better exhaust or because he wanted a quite exhaust and dual tips? Loundness doesn't bother me aslong as it doesn't sound like crap. I don't like dual tips that much, and I want an exhaust that has good power gains, what kind of exhaust would you guys recomend? I'm very new to all this. I barely know the basics, and that I love subaru's, and driving fast on windy roads.
fyi; im told that the dual tip makes less power than the standard single tip. the best proof of this is looking at a comparison of (WRX) catbacks. in general single tips do better. I have a single tip SS stromung (not xa) just because it cost less than the dual tip...

edit
I've heard that some stromung exhausts rust but the XA seems like it would be good. As for cat back vs axle back, I think the mid pipe would help cause it would increase the diameter from the cat back giving you better flow.
I've never heard of a stromung Stainless steel rusting - in fact i dont think mild steel ones are still sold.

wheres the cheapest place to get stromung
there was a really good deal in vendor group buys that i dont think ever took off- assuming thats true the next best price i found were from auwrx (a vendor) on i-club - check vendor classified - he has a HUGE thread (with alot of stuipd questions from me :))

1 - 20 of 32 Posts