Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving from michigan down to louisiana earlier today when my rear window/windshield shattered out of nowhere into its safety glass million pieces on a flat calm arkansas road :puppy_dog

I assume it cracked when i was driving through illinois with their -15f temperatures and bumpy as crap ice roads. coupled with my lowered car and snow packed suspension i hit a few pretty hard bumps which could have done it. then im guessing it let go in arkansas once the sun got on it.

anyways i need to know where i can get replacement rear glass, i havent had any luck calling up the local junkyards, (old subarus arent very common in louisiana) Any sites where i might be able to find one? is shipping one to risky?

i plan on installing it myself, and i have replaced rear windows like this before but with more common cars that a replacement can be found at a junkyard.

·
Registered
99WhiteMock22B/10TeslaRoadster
6,659 Posts
If you don't buy his, I also have one available.

·
Registered
01 Impreza 2.5RS, 95 Civic VX
3,762 Posts
I do have one available too. But this might be a good time/excuse to go jam rear glass/wiper.

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dang, thought we had a "new" guy coming in to town
haha nope just coming back from leave.

and i thought about jdm rear wiper and all etc. but i have other areas of the car id rather put money, plus wouldnt help with much for me except add to the edm/ukdm/jdm mix of parts across the car

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
ya, the same. Only things pertaining to the doors/sides are different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts