Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may recall, my CV joint on my front passenger axle is busted on my 2004 RS Imprezza. My mechanic related that I may as well replace the whole axle instead of just the CV joint. My mechanic is great and is trying to get the part through Subaru which has reported that the axle is back ordered. Now, my mechanic has to resend my information go get the part, as Subaru had seemingly lost my information.

As the part is reportedly back ordered, is there another place or after market company that sells the Front Passenger Axle? If so, can you also give me a part number?

Thanks, Duke

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,223 Posts
As some of you may recall, my CV joint on my front passenger axle is busted on my 2004 RS Imprezza. My mechanic related that I may as well replace the whole axle instead of just the CV joint. My mechanic is great and is trying to get the part through Subaru which has reported that the axle is back ordered. Now, my mechanic has to resend my information go get the part, as Subaru had seemingly lost my information.

As the part is reportedly back ordered, is there another place or after market company that sells the Front Passenger Axle? If so, can you also give me a part number?

Thanks, Duke
Call Advance or Autozone for a NEW axle. Don't piss around with reman units, new is only a few bucks more and not as prone to problems. IIRC, I paid $80 for a new axle.

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,236 Posts
Yah.. what he said. I got a new axle from ... uh.. it was Napa or O'Reily.. don't remember.. but it was about $60 after the core-charge refund.

·
Registered
6 Posts
o'reilly got them don't the quailty but there only 59 dollar just looked it up i myself need one but i'll do both sides at that price

1 - 6 of 6 Posts