Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
where can i get them, and anyone used them before? what do you think of them?

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
Man, I'll help you do it. I'm not doing squat till the 21st. Just call me up and I'll help you do whatever.

(650)755-5338

~Alan

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking about asking about speed bleeders too. I've never used them before and I was wondering, after you've flushed out the bubbles, I take it you replace the speed bleeder with the OE nipple? Well, doesn't that create an air bubble in the system when you swap them?

·
Registered
56 Posts
You replace the oem fittings with the new speed bleeders. All you do is back them up a half turn get in your car pump the brakes a ew times and tighten the speed bleeder back down... I would definately use a hose and a catch can for fluid being bled. Just do one wheel at a time....

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Yeah, and DEFINATELY DO NOT bleed the brakes while one of the front calipers is off the rotor! I now have to rebuild a caliper because one of the pistons shot out completely!:curse:

:curse:fuk:curse:

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got my speed bleeders couple weeks ago. haven't installed them yet.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
installed my speed bleeders last night. omg, it was so easy bleeding my brakes with them. so easy, that i bleeded them twice to be sure. takes more time to take the tires off than bleeding the fluid.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's great to hear that the ppl that have these are impressed. I personally recommend them to all my friends since I've had decent luck with them. Maybe I'll bleed my brakes on my next day off just to make sure things are ok :)

·
Registered
99 Impreza 2.5RS Black
613 Posts
I'll give another enthusiastic thumbs up to speedbleeders. I put them in when I did my brake upgrades. I'd never bled brakes before, but with the speedbleeders it was a snap. I've seen them in Autozone, but not the correct size for our cars. I got them directly from Speedbleeder.com and they arrived pretty quick.

·
Vendor
'02 WRX +P
5,424 Posts
They do make bleeding the brakes very easy and it is also nice to be able to bleed the brakes when no one is around to help. I can't imagine going back to using the old method now after using these.

Doing it the old fashioned way I always had to re-teach my fiance what her part of the job was. And she always complained "why do you get to just sit there and push the pedal while I do all the work?". :D Just kidding, I always did the dirty part. :)

[plug]
We do stock these parts. They are the same price as buying them straight from Speed Bleeder, $28/set, and we ship them for free instead of $4. :D
[/plug]

-Dave

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
I'm glad I stopped in to read this thread. What about the clutch nipple? I'm gonna need to bleed that in the Summer time.

Mr. Oakos, can you put me down for a set of 4? I own a 2000 Impreza RS. My email is [email protected], and I will pay CASH! Ok, credit then? ;) :)

·
Vendor
'02 WRX +P
5,424 Posts
kickin_81, I PM'ed you. :)

If any one else is interested in these please PM or email me. I just wanted to post my experience with the bleeders and give myself a little plug but I don't want to turn this into a sales thread. Thanks! :)

-Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts