Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Impreza L Greyish
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get clear corners/side markers/turn signal light, but where is the best, cheapest place to get em. The prices seem to vary alot and I don't wanna end up paying too much for something that will look the same as the cheaper ones. Is there a difference? Are the 'OEM' parts better (from Japan? Local Subaru dealerships say there are no clear corners etc that they can get...) I just don't wanna end up paying too much or end up with some shitty looking clear lights...

Help please! :happynow:

·
Registered
1993 Impreza L Greyish
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hehe

I know which places sell them I just wondered if some are better quality than others...

Like http://www.subaruparts.com says their parts are "100% Genuine Subaru" ($83.34)

The ones from http://www.procarparts.com are quite a bit less in price ($34.95)

And the nearly $50 price difference makes me wonder...

Do the procarpart ones suck? OR is subaruparts over charging for a think on the back that says its genuine subaru?

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
I bought a set of the translucent black foglight covers from procarparts.com and aside from the screws not being included like they were supposed to be, I'm very happy with them. From the picture on their site, it looks like their clear corners are very close to the Subaru ones, so I'm probably going to order them after I recover from going turbo!:) I am kind of dismayed that they took all of their intakes and MAF adapters and stuff out of the Impreza section.:(

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
i cleared out my front with procarparts.com stuff.

The clear bumper lights will eternally be loose unless u stick 3M tape on to secure them. (i always have to tighten the screw and it is still loose)

The clear corner parking light things can be popped off your car if you lift from the bottom. =O

The side markers are the only things they did fine.

do a search on i-club and there are a billion reviews concerning procarparts.com

·
Registered
1993 Impreza L Greyish
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought... Are the more expensive clear corners made of glass? Or are they all plastic? I know the normal ones are plastic (the OEM ones with amber) but maybe the 'WRX' clear corners are better quality?

Anyone know if they make glass clear corners? (glass always looks clearer and bright and tends to not yellow like plastic over time...)

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Have anybody got a price on a glass headlight or fog light? Those things cost a paycheck! I just got my clear corners off ebay from a vendor there. I blew into the lens and had only air coming out of that black plastic 'U' to control the humidity within the interior. Good enough for me!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've had good luck with the ones from AutoDynamic as well. I have their corners and bumper lenses installed currently and did have their side markers but switched to smoked ones instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts