Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since Im twin scrolled, Ive been blessed with having a small selection of headers and downpipes to select from. Headers from $700-2000 and DPs around $400 starting price.

I just need a flange made so I can get a USDM bellmouth DP and just weld it on.

Anyone know where I can buy something, find the specss, or get one made?

IAP Sells one, but its $70... And Id rather not spend that, or cut mine.
http://www.iaperformance.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=1796

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS
1,744 Posts
Not sure if it would pay off for you, but if you have a local shop that does water jet cutting or laser cutting I know they could make it. It would be pretty costly to make just one, but if you make a couple you could sell them to anyone else in your situation. The problem is you would have to supply them with the drawing to cut from.

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
GrimmSpeed?

Oh... and I sent you a +1 feedback for the RS sale. Return the favor, ya bum! :p

I'm sending you one on NASIOC, too.

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill get to it Chris...

At work and using Chrome the page is covered in little boxes where images and links should be

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im almost wondering if I should buy a USDM DP for like 100, and the flange for $70 and get it done at a shop

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS
1,744 Posts
$70 really isn't that much. I think it will be hard to find a machine shop that will be able to make one for much less than that. I know the one close to me charges $35/hr for general work. I worked at a place that ran a water jet and that was $130/hr and I think they charged a minimum of half an hour to cover setup times and what not (Granted your part would take at the most a minute to cut haha)

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
At work and using Chrome the page is covered in little boxes where images and links should be
That's odd, most work for me at home, on Chrome. Hmm.

Though I did have some trouble with a few other things.

You're in incognito mode, aren't you? :puppy_dog

1 - 8 of 8 Posts