Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
01 2.5rs
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. im building my motor finally. or should be in a matter of few weeks. im going with a my old 2.2L block that i took out of my 97L. Im hopefully going to try and buy my friends dads 2.5RS blown motor and use his heads. i got my current 2.2 thats in my car for 30 bucks cause my old 2.2 was for some odd reason running on only 2 cylinders at times then working with all 4. idk but yea instead of buying a motor like i did with my old project cars ive decided to build this one. the turbo ill be using is a toyota ct26 turbo. it bigger than the td04's and im getting it from a friend so im working with what i can get. im just wondering where i can get a custom up pipe made for the ct26. ive already looked at how im going to mount it and i just need to clock it 90 degrees to work with the TMIC. so does anyone know where i can get one made. if anything ill just weld my own up pipe but just looking to see how much it may cost custom.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS
553 Posts
Best bet is to weld your own. Make sure you have support brackets so the turbo weight is not held by the pipe itself. There are plenty of places to brace it. here is a picture of my uppipe and brackets, yup it sure is homemade...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts