Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a vendor/source for some non-vented, non-cross drilled, plain ol' Brembo replacement rotors for my car. I was previously considering a WRX rotor upgrade, but it'll screw with the fitment of my winter 15" takeoff wheels. Don't want that.

I have Porterfield pads on order from Exeter Subaru already, so that's done. I heard from a few folks that Brembo rotors can be had for cheaper than OEM replacements if you look in the right place.

I just need the place. :)
Thanks-
S2

·
Super Moderator
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll check that.

Anyone know of others?

·
Super Moderator
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frozen I already have gotten a lead on from wac (Wayne Chin) on the i-Club. I Emailed them but no response yet, so I'm just going to call tomorrow. Wayne says they're better with phone calls.

Though if there's anyplace else, someone please do tell. :) Variety's good for shoppin.'

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Believe it or not, both JCWhitney and Summit carry them. They go by the brand name "Qualitee".

·
Super Moderator
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh you've gotta be kidding me......

JC Whitney?!?! Wow. :)

Well, I'll look it up...

·
Super Moderator
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried JCW, they have some c-d rotors for $79/each, no applications for Subaru that I could find.

Too expensive anyway. :D

Next stop, Summit....

·
Super Moderator
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I know, like I said I've visited the site, but if they sell plain rotors, they aren't listed.... Or if they are, they're impossible to find on Brembo's (oddly laid-out and overcomplicated) site.

Plus they haven't returned my Email yet. :(

-S2-

·
Registered
RSTi, STi V6, BRZ Turbo
6,318 Posts
call Glen at Stillen and tell him that I told him to go 30 back. He will know what I mean. Tell him Kevin referred you. The markup on brakes at Stillen is huge, he can bring down the price substantially.
Kevin

·
Super Moderator
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stillen I've heard of. :)

Do they have cryo-treated stuff?

Any idea what their approximate price would be, on what I'm looking for?

I can research/call later, but if you can tell me what you know, that'd be a good start.

Thanks.
-S2-

·
Registered
RSTi, STi V6, BRZ Turbo
6,318 Posts
Cryo, no. Price, I don't remember. Pricing at Stillen is flexable, you just have to know how to work them. On everything but rotors, don't bother with Stillen at all, even their own parts for Nissans can be had cheaper through someone else.

·
Super Moderator
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm well alright, do you think they could beat like $80/each?

That could help the decision. :) That's what FrozenRotors is charging.

Mark Link, VP of F.R., told me that he contacted Subaru for some info, they told him that '99 and '00 rotors were different. I didn't know that.

He asked for my VIN so he could see what parts he had in stock.
I gave it to him.... didn't really say "Oh that could be bad" until I'd already sent the Email but... eh....

I know NESIC people that use them, so I don't think I need to worry much. Just kinda dumb on my part I guess. :)

I didn't know about the '99 and '00 rotor difference, though.

-S2-

1 - 14 of 14 Posts