Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching almost EVERYWHERE and it seems like no one actually have a spare RS engine for sale.

Can someone please please please be so nice as to point me to the correct direction for my search. Thank you.

In case u all are wondering, no, Im not from the states but I suppose this is the best place to find it judging from the abundance of it on your roads THanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help guys :)
Really appreciate it
I guess nozTune is my best bet since its nearest to where I am currently staying. I have already emailed them for a quote. Hopeuflly they'll get back to me soon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seriously I never knew that engine existed.
As far as I know, the biggest engine with VVT is the latest 2.0 NA JDM model.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Subaru does have a 2.5VVT engine. I think there's a small european car company that uses the engine in their car.

also don't forget that the RS engine is the same used in the current impreza, forester, legacy, and outbacks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been digging around for the specs.
Seems like it can generate about 180PS max power although I feel VVT is more for fuel efficency than producing outright power.

·
Ntseg Muag!
SRP MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
518 Posts
those engines that are for sale? are they ready to drop in or are they just blocks that you have to built up? just wandering?

·
Registered
347 Posts
You could always try www.importautosalvage.com. They're located in Western North Carolina and seem to have quite a bit of Subaru parts. I've been there several times to get parts for my RX project car and they have a good selection.

·
General pain in the ass
98 Superu Impreza 2.5 rs...
3,932 Posts
some kid on nasioc is selling a 98 dohc 2.5 engine with 40k i would not pay more then 800 shipped.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Engine

I have one, I was planning on rebuilding (2.5L DOHC), I might sell it when Im done. Or try to find a car to put it in.. any one have any ideas where to find a car with no engine?

Oh by the way ... look on ebay, picked mine up for 400 shipped!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts