Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my thermostat went out cause i wasn't getting any heat when i turned on the heat. So, i went out and bought a new thermostat, but now that i've got one to replace it with, i can't find it! Where is it? Can anybody tell me?

·
Registered
613 Posts
if you are getting NO heat then there isn't enough coolant fluid to make the loop to the heater core. check radiator overflow bottle to make sure it filled properly. there is ahigh and a low mark. but first, i'd check the air piping coming off the heater core box, under the dash. subarus are notorious for weak air feed pipe connections and the passenger can inadvertantly kick them off making the whole system useless. obtw the thermostat is on the bottom of the engine, jack the front end up, block it properly. ps my buds have a radiator site so i am pretty versed on coolant systems. i have survived multi english cars and popped my scooby headgasket and tried EVERYTHING that justwasn't the solution. so feel free to pm or otherwise.:) :) :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I am getting SOME heat SOMETIMES, but never very warm at all, just luke warm for the most part, but thats better than nothing on 30 degree mornings. So, would that mean its not the air piping or the coolant fluid? Either way, thanks.

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
It's at the bottom of the motor, front drivers side. Follow the lower radiator hose to the motor and it's in that housing. The gasket in there is an O-ring and re-usable. Make sure you take notice how the old one comes out (the direction of the spring and all) and put the new one in the same way. Here are some pics:

Here is a pic of the housing when you have an OEM oil cooler. It will be the same w/o the nipple for the coolant:

Make sure your heater controls are working the flap too, can you hear it moving? Is there good resistance when you slide the heat controls?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts