Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2000 2.5RS
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 RS and when I checked all my fluids today, the coolant level was very very low. My A/C is still working fine though, and blowing ice cold air. Should I do anything about this?

· Registered
2000 2.5RS
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just had an oil change 3 months ago, car now has 155k mi. with rebuilt engine.
I check the floor area of where I park everyday, havn't seen any liquids. It's been so hot lately, coolant probably evaporated lol who knows. Im just wondering such little coolant, would it damage the engine?

· Registered
246 Posts
coolant can go many places areas to mainly check

-areas around water pump due to gaskets leaking
-thermostate housing area due to gasket faliure
-all hoses around radiator
-radiator itself and the cap
-hose leading from radiator to motor, and hose leading from motor to radiator
-chocolate milk looking oil, blown head gaskets allow coolant into cylinder and oil passages. giving milky looking oil and smoking out of tail pipe
-hoses leading from radiator to heater core inside of dash
-resvoior bottle for leaks and lines coming off of it
-to check to see if the heater core is leaking you have to lift the carpet out of the car. 99% of time it leaks under the carpet and to the rear of the car where most people do not notice it!!!! putting your hand on the carpet to see if its wet does not work!!
-visual head gasket area just incase

Simple question, when was the last time you actualy checked your coolant level? its natural for a car to loose coolant over time. Fill her up and then check the coolant daily.

A/c has nothing to do with coolant, you can have cold air coming from the air vents with a over heating motor. The only thing that would prevent cold a/c is if the motor noticed the engine was over heating and shut down the compressor to help cool the motor, but most cars you will still have cold as ice a/c.

Did I miss anything?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.