Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2001 2.5 RS. I am re-doing all my front lights so that they are clear with blue bulbs. The bulbs are not a problem but getting the clear corners and bumpers are. No one around here has them so I have to order them from the internet.

I only found one place that would sell them at ProCarParts. The corners are $40.00 and the bumper lights are $23.00 (plus shipping and handling). These prices seem to high for me and I am seeking for a better deal. Does anyone know of another sight I can go to for cheaper corners and bumper lights? Or is anyone selling theres? Please tell me the info you can.

Thank You

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
938 Posts
Man, that's CHEAP! I bought just my clear corners for more than BOTH of those things combined! :(

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
I would also add the old addage of "you get what you pay for". My friend bought clears from carparts and they are fish tanks now. I would say DYI the corners and buy the turns signals. Or you could smoke em.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do it yourself? COOL!

Thats a hell of an idea, thanks Dan00RS. Is that how you did yours? If so - was it hard? How long did it take you? What specific things do I need to watch out for? I was going to do it right now but I don't have a damn hair dryer :curse: .

Oh well, I'll have a friend bring one to me later. I'm so happy I don't have to pay for the corners,

Thank you again:biggest:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It Worked

Thanks once again Dan00RS. I got my friend to come down with a blow dryer today and said what the hell, might as well try it. It was pretty easy and took me about an hour and 15 minutes. When it tells the step where you drill holes in the orange part and melt the glue and the orange plastic begins to crack didnt work for me. I drilled the wholes and melted the glue and the orange plastic never cracked, it just peeled right off, it was a lot easier and I still have the orange plastic in one piece.

That helped me save a lot of money
THANKS AGAIN.

·
Registered
2000 Blue Ridge Pearl Subaru I
294 Posts
Glad I could be of service!
:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Whatever you do, don't by the ones on eBay from R_Pris. He's had my money for over a month and won't ship the damn things. I've got a fraud claim pending against him as we speak. I've currently got mine smoked and it looks pretty cool on a white car!

Brian

·
Registered
I'M DEBT FREE!!
66 Posts
Smoked lights...

Brian,

Are your smoked lights a DIY job? Or did you buy them from another vendor that way?

How about pictures? Could you e-mail me a couple? I'm curious to see how the smoke looks on white. Thanks.

Adam
[email protected]
'99 Aspen White 2.5 RS

·
Registered
169 Posts
just saw your thread, If you're looking to do your lenses with a see through black coating, try contacting autodynamic.com, and look under "spray paint". you should be able to find their clear black spray. It's expensive about $25 per spray can for an 8 ounce can, but it works well.

If you want to see pix, I could send some to you.

Ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts