Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i own an AWD subaru impreza 2002 WRX sports car and i was thinking of upgrading my stock blow off valve to an aftermarket one that is louder. i know this will increase performance, but also it will sound cool. i read about blowoff valves in a JDM magazine, so i thought i'd ask if anyone knows where i can get one for under $100. also i want a loud one because i heard the louder ones give better performance to the wheels.

thanks.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
eric m. said:
hey guys. i own an AWD subaru impreza 2002 WRX sports car and i was thinking of upgrading my stock blow off valve to an aftermarket one that is louder. i know this will increase performance, but also it will sound cool. i read about blowoff valves in a JDM magazine, so i thought i'd ask if anyone knows where i can get one for under $100. also i want a loud one because i heard the louder ones give better performance to the wheels.

thanks.
Is this you trying to be funny????

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: Re: where can i get a BOV for under $100?

FRAKK's2.5 said:
Is this you trying to be funny????
Frakk your just jealous because your car can't have one. You will just have to stick with that fake BOV on CD you have. Pump up that stereo so everybody can hear it.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Re: Re: Re: where can i get a BOV for under $100?

I am b said:
Frakk your just jealous because your car can't have one. You will just have to stick with that fake BOV on CD you have. Pump up that stereo so everybody can hear it.
My son if you only knew what I have under the hood....! Let's put it this way your car cannot keep up with mine let's just leave at that...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: where can i get a BOV for under $100?

FRAKK's2.5 said:
My son if you only knew what I have under the hood....! Let's put it this way your car cannot keep up with mine let's just leave at that...
I don't know Frakk, he's got some powerful stuff in his wrx:

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: where can i get a BOV for under $100?

mattjk said:
I don't know Frakk, he's got some powerful stuff in his wrx:

:roflmao: :biglaugh:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Re: Re: where can i get a BOV for under $100?

FRAKK's2.5 said:
why wouldn't you just tell us what you have?

the only people who don't talk about what they have under the hood are guys like kaos who can't because they actually have really fast cars and don't want people copying their ideas, or guys that have slow cars that want people to think they are fast. come on. what do you have? some headers? intake? underdrive pulley? there is only so much you can to do a 2.5 liter N/A engine to make it faster.

remember that time i raced you a long time ago, frakk? your car took off fast, but then it ran out of steam. but that was a long time ago and we have both made our cars faster since then.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
by the way, here is a picture of my ultra fast engine. look at all the go fast bits on that sucker! w00t!!

who wants to race?!~!1!!

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: where can i get a BOV for under $100?

eric m. said:
why wouldn't you just tell us what you have?

the only people who don't talk about what they have under the hood are guys like kaos who can't because they actually have really fast cars and don't want people copying their ideas, or guys that have slow cars that want people to think they are fast. come on. what do you have? some headers? intake? underdrive pulley? there is only so much you can to do a 2.5 liter N/A engine to make it faster.

remember that time i raced you a long time ago, frakk? your car took off fast, but then it ran out of steam. but that was a long time ago and we have both made our cars faster since then.
I'm talking about my RS ya' Smchuck!...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: where can i get a BOV for under $100?

FRAKK's2.5 said:
I'm talking about my RS ya' Smchuck!...
ok you misunderstood. i was just trying to ask what engine mods you have. i honestly don't see how you can make an rs faster than a wrx unless it is highly modified.

i am b's wrx wagon isn't stock, by the way. it's fast, so watch out!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: where can i get a BOV for under $100?

eric m. said:
ok you misunderstood. i was just trying to ask what engine mods you have. i honestly don't see how you can make an rs faster than a wrx unless it is highly modified.

He's just practicing for when he gets his turbo kit.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: where can i get a BOV for under $100?

eric m. said:

No you missunderstood me...I don't think a WRX can hang with a single turbo 2JZ MKIV....but this is not a contest on who has the faster car here is it?...'cause someone would end up losing and I know it won't be me...:p

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: where can i get a BOV for under $100?

Tall J said:
He's just practicing for when he gets his turbo kit.
Dude only if you knew...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: where can i get a BOV for under $100?

FRAKK's2.5 said:
I don't think a WRX can hang with a single turbo 2JZ MKIV
a supra? now i'm confused. i thought you were talking about going faster than i am b. but in any case, i still dont understand why everyone keeps their mods a secret. there is no reason to be secret about stuff. talk about things you are going to do to your car. that's what the forums are for, man!

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: where can i get a BOV for under $100?

eric m. said:
i don't know what that means. sorry. i'm a n00b.
No need to apoligize! I'm talking about a single turbo 2JZ engine which is the one the Toyota Supra Mark 4 (twin Turbo Version)...:p

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha. i looked it up and edited my post. you are too fast for me, man. check above for my edit.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
eric m. said:
haha. i looked it up and edited my post. you are too fast for me, man. check above for my edit.
Dude! I'm three steps ahead of you...I didn't 2488 post to my name for nothing!:p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts