Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2012 WRX SWP, 01 RS White
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking everywhere to buy a legacy turbo front engine crossmember or jdm GC front engine crossmember. Does anyone know any site that sells them?

·
Premium Member
97 OBS
99 Posts
I suggest you look into some Legacy forums and also check out junkyards.
There are search engines for junkyards so you can search parts/price online and sort by location ect...

Try Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

and just search google for "subaru legacy forum" and then find one with older Legacys and search the classifieds or post a wtb ad.

You can also get away with a 02-04 wrx cross member and shim your control arms, 3mm on either side of the bushings, 6mm total.

I have also heard you can run wrx control arm bushings in your stock control arms, or run wrx control arms. But read up first, I am not 100% on that.

That is of course if the Legacy cross member does not work out.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2012 WRX SWP, 01 RS White
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the thing about shimming is that it will effect the handling of the car. I work on Army helicopter engines and there is a close tolerance to parts. Now you can't compare oranges and apples but you get the idea. I tried car-parts but all they have is Rear Crossmember.

·
Registered
01 RS
170 Posts
Not online, but just go hunting junk yards. I have found 4 or 5 turbo legacy crossmembers in the last year or so. Where I got mine paid like $30 for it, easy to pull since the engines are usually gone quick from people using them in sandrails.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.